• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Experienced help needed. Jaws or SSI pipe mod?

justplaying

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris Pro S 800
I am about to start modding my 2015 Rush 800 and get confused by all the stuff I'm reading. Which would give me better performance, SSI pipe mod or the Jaws pipe? I have been told to do one of the pipes, plus go to 1.74 gear ratio and change helix and weights on clutches.

Can anyone on here who is experienced with moding these sleds please point me in right direction?

Thank again guys.

I am about to pull the trigger on SLP's stage 2 kit for my 800 switchy. Sounds like the noise stays close to stock which I want but yet gives good power increase as well. Have you looked into that?

No I haven't looked into that because I was told the stage 2 kit needs to remove head and I don't want to open motor up. I think I have found the gearing (1.74), and Dalton adjustable weights and new helix, so now I'm just focussing on exhaust. I have heard great things about the SSI pipe mod, but I dont want ant det problems (mind you I also hear this is NOT an issue with the 2015 model). I have a decent price on a JAWS pipe, but I was told it doesn't give as much performance. Was just wondering if anyone knew how both worked?

What type of riding do you do and how is the fuel quality you will be running?

I had the SSI pipe mod last year on my 2015 ProS 800 and it was good for trail riding. However, if I held it WFO for more than 5-6 seconds it would DET into limp mode every time so racing a buddy was pretty much out of the question. I tried a resistor in the pipe sensor and it didn't seem to help.

I came across an SLP pipe for a good deal so I am going to try that this season.

I had the SSI pipe mod last year on my 2015 ProS 800 and it was good for trail riding. However, if I held it WFO for more than 5-6 seconds it would DET into limp mode every time so racing a buddy was pretty much out of the question. I tried a resistor in the pipe sensor and it didn't seem to help.

I came across an SLP pipe for a good deal so I am going to try that this season.
Did you try running the pcv5 with the SSI map?

No I haven't looked into that because I was told the stage 2 kit needs to remove head and I don't want to open motor up. I think I have found the gearing (1.74), and Dalton adjustable weights and new helix, so now I'm just focussing on exhaust. I have heard great things about the SSI pipe mod, but I dont want ant det problems (mind you I also hear this is NOT an issue with the 2015 model). I have a decent price on a JAWS pipe, but I was told it doesn't give as much performance. Was just wondering if anyone knew how both worked?

The stage 2 kit is not heads. It is just clutch and pipe and silencer. Stage 1.5 has head domes. 2 doesn't. Just ordered mine!!

The stage 2 kit is not heads. It is just clutch and pipe and silencer. Stage 1.5 has head domes. 2 doesn't. Just ordered mine!!
if you dont mind me asking, how much is that kit?

Worst case you can modify the bing on 15-17 pipe to fit 18 - I haven't done it but may require welding a new bung in its place still wayyyyy cheaper than buying a new pipe. Personally I would stay away from pipe mod. At least in original configuration.

Unless your using it for short drag races or hillclimbs .

Back
Top Bottom