• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

First gen edge chassis

pilot

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Xc700sp
My Polaris xc700sp has a manufacture date of 12/2000 its on an edge chassis and has Ves. The engine # is all 0 and ends in 140. Its fast and solid, a dealership had a hard time finding parts and said it was a "pilot" edition. Im curious of its rareity and any other knowledge of this model?

Those were a 1/2 year release to the dealers in 2001 for in-season sales, somewhat rare but not a factory unicorn by any means. Pretty typical for the factory to do that once and a while in those days to drum up some excitement when they made a change, those 700s were very popular back then. I have an 00 700 and had an 02 700 XCSP, both that I bought new, the 02's are widely regarded as having the best timing curve of all the 700s so I assume that model has the same programming.
As far as parts, not sure what the dealer was talking about. Polaris has the parts diagrams on their website for that sled, which are the same thing the dealer has in his software. You can look it up on the link below.
That said, most of the parts for that machine were discontinued long ago so its a crap shoot whats still available.

1705108362936.png

Back
Top Bottom