• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

First time in the forum

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2016 switchback pro s 800
Hey guys just purchased my first sled. I've been renting for the past ten years and I finally broke down and bought a 16 switch 800. I've peeled the red stickers off and waiting for blue ones to get here. I spent about 4 hours polishing the tunnel, looking pretty good. So of course I'm gonna have a ton of questions as I go on. I see that most of you sled heads are from way up north, looking forward to shooting the gip with yas!

Hey guys just purchased my first sled. I've been renting for the past ten years and I finally broke down and bought a 16 switch 800. I've peeled the red stickers off and waiting for blue ones to get here. I spent about 4 hours polishing the tunnel, looking pretty good. So of course I'm gonna have a ton of questions as I go on. I see that most of you sled heads are from way up north, looking forward to shooting the gip with yas!
Let's see the pics of the tunnel!

Just log in, click upload file .
:)
There's all my finger work and mothers polishing cone. After I had it done I used a polishing kit with a white bar, scratched it up. It would have worked better had I used the white bar first at a low speed then used the mothers come with the mothers polish. Overall I can live with it, next summer I'll go through all the steps.
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 261
Sled was originally red and black. I swapped the nose cone to blue. I ordered the blue that comes on the 600 switch which is different from the blue stickers on the rush.

Do you think my dealer will swap the rear spring for the pro x, considering it's still new? Isn't the difference $100? I go about 270lbs bare ass, am I really gonna need that x spring?

I bought the X spring for my 15 s and still have not installed it. Ride it first. Our weights are similar.

Welcome flick, running it on a stand won't hurt anything, but not going to do a whole lot for loading the motor. Now if you had a way to suspend it in a crick, that would load the motor and wear in ur clutches and whole drive train, brake in hyfax and start to st reach ur track. Problem is the water will stain that mirror finish you have there.... Lol just kidding

Welcome flick, running it on a stand won't hurt anything, but not going to do a whole lot for loading the motor. Now if you had a way to suspend it in a crick, that would load the motor and wear in ur clutches and whole drive train, brake in hyfax and start to st reach ur track. Problem is the water will stain that mirror finish you have there.... Lol just kidding
I hear ya sometimes I should think a lil before I speak out lol. I should have more picks in a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom