• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Friction

Daniel F

What about friction??Did anybody try and gain something in the rear suspension like low friction bearings...Dupont slides or others ...anything in that area ...just curious !!!

I had a wheel kit and relocation kit on switchback. It pretty much eliminates the slide wear in front of and below the rear arm. These are high friction points. I don't know if it equates into mph. But I def. didn't hurt and slides last . Me and buddy had them and on days you could smell the hyrax burning on sleds ours were uneffected.

I added DuPont hyfax to both my '16 and '17 not necessarily for friction resistance, but because I don't want to change hyfax every off season on 2 machines.

I run Duponts as well. Love them so far.

How much more are the duponts over regular hyfax?

How much more are the duponts over regular hyfax?

Not sure how much OEM hyfax are, so can't do the comparison. I recall paying ~$135/pair for the DuPont hyfax.

Are you guys buying the duponts through your Polaris dealer? Or where? Thanks!

Not from dealer. Maybe a Yamaha dealer can order if one knew the correct part # since Yamaha makes these hyfax for all the OEM's?

I'd Google search. I bought both pairs 2 years ago and the vendor name escapes me.

I had a wheel kit and relocation kit on switchback. It pretty much eliminates the slide wear in front of and below the rear arm. These are high friction points. I don't know if it equates into mph. But I def. didn't hurt and slides last . Me and buddy had them and on days you could smell the hyrax burning on sleds ours were uneffected.
Did you add a "big wheel" kit with an offset axle? Or did you add "extra" bogey wheels on the inside/outside of the rails? What's the relocation part of the kit? Thanks.

For a shorty there is a kit that has a shaft and stainless mounts and hardware to add a extra set of idlers. On a switch it's more complicated but there again is kit that adds. Idler wheels shaft ,wheels ,stainless mounts and hardware etc. on a switch you move the stocks wheels into different holes , and then additional shaft and wheel set I think you also add or relocated a Cross shaft .this design keeps the rails well supported also doesn't cause a failure point. Both kits are super nice , well designed,work

No problem. The wheels go in the rails .btw. Sports unlimited Utica ny. Ask for Joe. He will answer any questions about materials choice of wheel. Etc. there is some small mod. Needed to assemble easy stuff. But if you get a kit. Get some directions. Just to make it easy.

Back
Top Bottom