• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Front Inner idler wheels

Stavey22

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
94 trail deluxe
Now that the snow melted off my skid after my last ride i just noticed that front inner idler is shot on the left side and is almost as bad on the right. These are the wheels adjacent to the front shock. Is it possible to replace them without removing the track and skid? Ive seen some people say they dont worry about them and just replace their hyfax to when they do the wheels in the spring. not a big fan of that but whats your take.

The wheels that are part of your shock mount are easier to do with the skid-frame removed unless you have a lift that will get the machine up at eye level. No need to remove the track.

If you can see one (or more) bad idler(s) chances are you have more things that need to be done. Not a bad idea to pull it and repair it all.

Back
Top Bottom