• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Full snowmobile depression no snow

Doug

I'm in full swing snowmobile depression. Don't work Fridays in the winter and take quite a few Thursdays off. I normally get 3000 to 4000 miles per year. I'm not going beat the crap out of my sled in low snow conditions. I have 80 miles on so far.

My plans for next week of riding... cancelled. Seems like the last few years in MI, the riding season is down to a month. Doesn’t make me want to go out and purchase anything new.

I feel your pain.. trying to find more things to rip apart to stay busy.

You guys aren't alone ... I've actually gone from full depression to giving up entirely. On top of the poor weather here in the Midwest, I've been fighting some arm/nerve issues that just aren't getting any better. I took a chance on listing my brand new VR1 for sale this past week, figuring I'm either going to get the price I want - or I'll still have a new sled to ride when I (hopefully) heal up 100%. I guess the price must've been OK because it was loaded up & on a guy's trailer later that same day.

The group of guys I ride with, we have an annual trip that's supposed to take place this coming week & I have serious doubts the crew will be going ... they're calling for upper 30's this week & the area we ride is already in need of snow. What a crappy follow-up to 2020.

My plans for next week of riding... cancelled. Seems like the last few years in MI, the riding season is down to a month. Doesn’t make me want to go out and purchase anything new.
This is one of the big reasons why I haven’t bought a new sled since 2009. Neither of my sleds, nor the wife’s sled, have been out of the barn yet.

This is one of the big reasons why I haven’t bought a new sled since 2009. Neither of my sleds, nor the wife’s sled, have been out of the barn yet.

I live close to Lake of the Woods and all of their trails are groomed, so I'm heading out later today and get the 650 broken in, if the trails aren't rock hard and now that resorts can open up maybe a ride up to the Northwest Angle and around the Islands later.

Chris that sucks but if your going to take a year off this seems like the year to do it. Strong sled demand and no snow don't normally happen. In 2011 I broke some bones in my throttle hand in December but still rode the whole season. May not have been the best decision as whet the trails were I really felt it. Heel up and plan for 2022.

Same here... No snow in the near forecast, and my new sled sits with 64 miles on it. We cancelled our planned trip for the U.P. as well. Fingers crossed that I'll even get to break this sled in this year.

I did get 80 miles on the 650 today, the readability of the new gauge and the new handwarmers are incredible. My check engine light started coming on after about 40 miles, I'd stop and play with the gauge and it would go off, and finally the last 15 miles it quit coming on. The only real problem I had was with goggles, I've had such a large supply from the boys being sponsored that they're getting old. I took them off when I got to Baudette and the frame broke in my hand, of course I didn't bring a spare and had to ride back without them. This cheap bastard is finally going to have to break down and buy a new pair.

Lucky to get 300 miles in over NYE in Grand Marais, Mi. By the end of the trip trails were bad and temps were in 30’s.

New VR1 850 is broke in but there is no good snow presently in Mi.

I took the sled to the dealer today, I went thru the diagnostics recommended by ExcursionPSD and it was showing PO 230 fuel pump driver circuit open/grounded and remedy take it to the dealer. their computer showed 15 codes and high low voltage. They said they have had 2 others with the controller issue that was causing the problems, a quick repair and I should have the sled back Friday.

Nothing for me yet on the new 650 or last years 850. Getting close to going to Arbor Vitae/St Germain area and just run on the lakes a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom