• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Gates 46C4387

Minus40

Finally picked up new belts. Pitch line is same as stock but sits very low in sec clutch, anyone else see this?

Measure the outside circumfrance with string or flexible measuring device should be 45 and 1/8 . Some of These belts have been cut to short. Heard this from a few people

Wouldn't a slightly short belt sit too high in the secondary? (without making any belt deflection adjustments)

That's about where mine sits in the secondary with spot on belt deflection @ 1.25". My primary was indexed and balanced to this belt and secondary balanced as well. I set the proper offset/alignment and then was generous on the amount of float. There's plenty of helpful tips on this site to get yours dialed in. No need to return those belts.

How much belt too sheave clearance in the primary ?

Wouldn't a slightly short belt sit too high in the secondary? (without making any belt deflection adjustments)
I was thinking bass ackwards. My bad.

Last edited:
I take a cloth tape measure when I shop for belts as doc mentioned.
Pitch length can be measured too on counter.
As long as it's aligned properly with the two different alignment tools and float. (I use 0.120"+ float)
I set belt deflection by warming up track on stand in and out of throttle. If idle is set properly at 1700 rpm. The track should barely creep ahead on stand when idling after track warm up. Belt deflection set .

You figure these are good to go? Do you have the same launch as the stock belt, no belt slip in high traction situations or crawling around in deeper snow? meaning do you have as low of gear?
I think these are too short. I have seen others post that some measure the right od so they are inconsistent. However having no experience with this new fangaled pitch line measuring I was wondering if that is the measurement to worry about, so I checked that out and figured the cord was around .065 deeper in the driven as compared to the stock belt

I'm fine with my set-up....but, like I said, had my clutches professionally massaged to this belt. Haven't tried it out yet other than on the lift, so I don't have any feedback yet. Nothing creeps, nothing is too loose, nothing binds, no black rings on primary, nothing negative. Belt to sheave is .020" roughly. Deflection perfectly set along with alignment and float.

Ahh, yes ordering and having to hope it's a good fit ,isn't good .
So far. I've measured 3 gates belts and all are around 45 3/16"

Back
Top Bottom