• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Gear change/re-calibration

Paul Taylor

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
20+
Snowmobile
Pro S Rush & Switchback
I change my gearing on my 2016 Pro S 600cc Switchback to 20/39 68 pitch chain, giving me 1.95 gear ratio. Per the manual "When changing the top and bottom sprockets from the stock calibration in the chaincase, use Digital Wrench to re-calibrate the speedometer".
Should I be concerned, or is the calibration for speedometer reading only?

Speedo mostly. I know a few that just left it. It will be off but mostly who's looking anyway unless in town or ?

I went to a 1.74 ratio with a 10 tooth 2.52 driver. What ratio should I put?

Thanks, I was thinking the same, who looks at the speedometer. haha

If the speedo is already about 8% off, will his new gearing help correct it or make it even further off? I would think it would be more incorrect.

Thanks alot. Can you explain how to got that? Just incase I decide to change it up

Thanks alot. Can you explain how to got that? Just incase I decide to change it up
What doc said and ibackshift has the formula figured out. Just put in you’re figures

Back
Top Bottom