• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Gear change recalibrate

Wilmotriverside

Going to do a gear change on my 2016 rush and was wondering if the speedometer needs to be recalibrated right away. Will the sled run like it should without the calibration? Does the computer use track speed to adjust anything?

Going to do a gear change on my 2016 rush and was wondering if the speedometer needs to be recalibrated right away. Will the sled run like it should without the calibration? Does the computer use track speed to adjust anything?
I put 450 miles on mine, no problem

The calibration is just for speedometer accuracy only. Doesn't effect nothing else .

I need to also have the adjustment made after gearing. Has anyone tested the 2016 sleds to see how far off the Speedo is stock. If it reads 5-6 mph high like they usually do, I thought about trying to correct it with the ratio I have the dealer enter in the digital wrench. I ended up with a 1.73 ratio in the sled. So if speedo is off about 5% I was going to enter 1.80 ratio to try an correct it....??? Any thoughts??

My thought as always, is that you should be able to change gear ratio settings for the speedo through the PIDD or MFD. Apart from making money for the dealers, there's no reason this couldn't be made possible. I'm surprised Bully Dog didn't incorporate that feature. Would be pretty slick. wgap200 has a good idea there, to increase speedo accuracy by setting a false gear ratio, but I'd hate to get it wrong, and have to pay twice to get it right!

Yeah--Dealer forgot to r
My thought as always, is that you should be able to change gear ratio settings for the speedo through the PIDD or MFD. Apart from making money for the dealers, there's no reason this couldn't be made possible. I'm surprised Bully Dog didn't incorporate that feature. Would be pretty slick. wgap200 has a good idea there, to increase speedo accuracy by setting a false gear ratio, but I'd hate to get it wrong, and have to pay twice to get it right!

Yeah--Dealer forgot to reset calibration when I geared down to 1.74--and now I have to trailer it back down for them to do what I asked.

The calibration is just for speedometer accuracy only. Doesn't effect nothing else .
odometer is going to be off also

reason you have to adjust is sensor is at the brake disc which is mounted on jack shaft with the top gear. Some sleds the speed sensor is mounted on drive shaft so changing gears doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Just cause it takes the same chain doesn't mean anything. The ratio is quite different and chain will spin at much quicker rate than the stock combo. So chances are if left along, odometer might say 500 miles and you have only gone 440 miles. Not a huge difference but over time it will add up plus speedometer will be a good 12-14 mph fast. Like a Yamaha.

Back
Top Bottom