• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

gear

Ray Desjarlais

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
25+
Snowmobile
2020 Assault 144
Not quite sure how this works. Picked up a new to me 2020 Assault 144, but cant get the gear for it until summer of 2020.

What do you mean by 'gear'? Are you referring to actual chaincase gears, or accessory-like gear?

All the accessories back to 2017 will fit your 2020 Assault. If your dealer can’t get stuff until the summer, it’s probably because stuff is on back order. Since the stuff is the same back to 2017, eBay or Amazon is your next best bet.

Few tunnel bags i was looking at but prob wont fit after fuel tank comes in. Hey Turtle what do ya use for gas can and luggage on your 2020? Have the poo can coming in. Not sure what I'll have room for after that. Fuel a little more priority up where we are. Darn, just seen the Powderkeg stuff, already paid for the poo can and brackets.

Last edited:
I don't carry extra fuel. Not needed where I ride. I have the Ultimate Shovel bag which has lots of room for stuff. That one bag pretty much takes up all the available tunnel space.

Nice bag. The Taverse is nice also. Room for all kinds of goddies. Yeah depends where we are riding. Maybe I will have to get couple diff bags. Hard on the ol pocket though.

Had to laugh at the storage on the hood by the winsheild...suppose to be for goggles. Can"t even fit a pair of lenses in there. I did manage to get my wallet and a bic lighter inside but had to wiggle them around. Handlebar bags are nice but cant keep an eye on gauges from a sitting position.

The Polaris Gas can setup needs an extra ratchet strap to hold it in place. I run Mountain Addiction with 2-5lt cans.

Back
Top Bottom