• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Gearing??

Gene

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2016 polaris 800 sb
I ride a 2016 800 pro S sb, the stock gearing was 23T/37T, (1.61 ratio) I changed to a 21T/37T(1.76 ratio) better than pro X
I run a Bikeman full velocity trail can, stock clutch and no studs
This sled came alive

I ride a 2016 800 pro S sb, the stock gearing was 23T/37T, (1.61 ratio) I changed to a 21T/37T(1.76 ratio) better than pro X
I run a Bikeman full velocity trail can, stock clutch and no studs
This sled came alive
I had great success with a 40 tooth sprocket on the bottom and the 23 tooth on top which was a 1.74 ratio. You're .02 lower geared than I was which should make hardly any difference. Do you have much of a dog leg in the chain?

I had great success with a 40 tooth sprocket on the bottom and the 23 tooth on top which was a 1.74 ratio. You're .02 lower geared than I was which should make hardly any difference. Do you have much of a dog leg in the chain?
not that bad of a dog leg, had my guy check it to make sure, he said it was fine, run it

The new style chain tensioner spread that radius out better than the old style roller type

looks like the 2017 XCR 800 comes with 22 top and 37 bottom for a 1.68 ratio

That's the same as the other axys 120/137 1.35 cobra track sleds

looks like the 2017 XCR 800 comes with 22 top and 37 bottom for a 1.68 ratio
Where did you get that info from. Been waiting for them to add the 2017 to part smart so I cknow what gears to order.

IMG_0434.jpg
IMG_0433.jpg

I have that service manual and the specs are wrong. Look at the track that is spec'd out. They made a bunch of mistakes in that manual related to the XCR800. My new XCR800 was picked up on the 19th but still hasn't shown up in Western WI yet! That's the first thing I'm going to check with DW when I get it. I'm gearing down to the same as the Pro-X 22/41 (1.86)

Observed stock gearing is 22-37. The stock 37 bottom gear is solid, not sure if this is unique to the XCR; more beefed up thing? Also, the Venom 38T gear came with a shim and needs to be used for correct alignment.

With that 23/40 setup, can you use the stock chain?

I have 16 with cobra track with 1.68. Installed venum 38 for 1.73. I calibrated the speedo on digital wrench. I seem to have lost 10 mph on top end. 102 is as fast as it will go now topped out

I have 16 with cobra track with 1.68. Installed venum 38 for 1.73. I calibrated the speedo on digital wrench. I seem to have lost 10 mph on top end. 102 is as fast as it will go now topped out
So Cory, you went from a 1.68 to a 1.73???

If you think you lost mph , can be numerous things.

Track tension is huge. 99% are running them way to tight and losing mph (Polaris specs). Warm track up on stand, check and make sure it hangs freely 1/2"

Chain tension: with parking break on. Move secondary back and forth . It should move 1/4" back and forth, but no more then 3/8".

You only need 0.100"-0.120" washer behind secondary and let it float out from there 0.120"

Belt deflection from Polaris specs is to loose. Adjust so track spins on stand but the belt doesn't squeal with sleds on ground

If you check all this and it's ok. Then it sounds like you have to much spring tension and not enough weight ?

Back
Top Bottom