• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

General Tech FAQ

MrSled

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
SideWinder
This is a FAQ section that we can slowly build up to be able to find info as the forum grows in size. If you see things we need to add please ask one of the moderators or message me. We can do this in every chassis if you feel there is unique FAQ the exists for those products.

Click on the links to take your to info pages with in the site.

SUSPENSION
Installing Ice Scratchers on Switchback Pro S

CHASSIS

DRIVETRAIN

Team VS P2
Axys Gearing Chart

ELECTRICAL/INJECTION
Fogging for Storage

CLUTCHING
Weights, Springs, Helix
Polaris Clutching Reference Guide
Homemade Magnet Weights
What belt to use on Axys?
Proper Clutch Alignment

ENGINE/ PERFORMANCE
Performance Q & A with Joey from Bikeman
Pro-R 600/800 Air Box Lid
Indy 6 Air Box Mod
91 Octane Questions and Concerns

EXHAUST

BODY

ACCESSORIES
Installing Bags on the Axys
Installing Front Bumper on the Axys
Installing Skid Plate on the Axys

HOW TO VIDEOS

MANUALS/SPECS

2015-2017 Axys 600/800 Service Manual
2007-2008 Polaris IQ manual
2006 Polaris Service Manual
2002 Polaris XC
2002 Polaris Service Manual

Last edited:
I've got a tech fact for cold starts when it's like 0 degrees. My 2010 Polaris Dragon IQ 800 starts fine in regular temps. But when it gets super cold it laughs at my attempts to pull start it, no ES. So I put an old hair dryer on the exhaust where it comes out of the motor. In ten minutes it starts right up.

I used to have a Honda 350X that was cold blooded, would not start in winter. So I used a dip stick heater to warm the engine. The hair dryer is the only way to warm a sled motor without a dip stick, works great~!

I've got a tech fact for cold starts when it's like 0 degrees. My 2010 Polaris Dragon IQ 800 starts fine in regular temps. But when it gets super cold it laughs at my attempts to pull start it, no ES. So I put an old hair dryer on the exhaust where it comes out of the motor. In ten minutes it starts right up.

I used to have a Honda 350X that was cold blooded, would not start in winter. So I used a dip stick heater to warm the engine. The hair dryer is the only way to warm a sled motor without a dip stick, works great~!

Nice!! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom