• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Get me in the ballpark...(suspension settings)

mcAxysSB44

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2019 Polaris 850 Indy XC
This is my first Polaris (Switchback). I was wondering what worked for you guys last year and/or suggesting a starting point when it comes to getting the suspension set up.

I am 230lbs, ride aggressive and the sled is studded.
-Preload of shocks at factory settings
-I have all the clickers set at 4 clicks out from full soft

I know I won't know for sure till I ride it of course but just looking to see where you guys have yours set at...

Hey, this 2-month wait for snow is gonna tax the soul. I am really just looking for a reason to go out to the garage and fidget with this sled..lol

This is my first Polaris (Switchback). I was wondering what worked for you guys last year and/or suggesting a starting point when it comes to getting the suspension set up.

I am 230lbs, ride aggressive and the sled is studded.
-Preload of shocks at factory settings
-I have all the clickers set at 4 clicks out from full soft

I know I won't know for sure till I ride it of course but just looking to see where you guys have yours set at...

Hey, this 2-month wait for snow is gonna tax the soul. I am really just looking for a reason to go out to the garage and fidget with this sled..lol
I am in the same boat. My first polaris in 20 plus years. Was at the toronto sled show on Friday and spent a lot of time at the polaris section with dealers and engineer, asked them the same questions about starting point with the suspension.
There recommendation was as follows.
Set preload on rear spring to 2 to 3 inches to your weight and start riding from there and adjust shocks to your riding style and accesory wieght as you go. 1 click on a walker Evans shock is equivalent to 4 clicks on a kyb ( shocks on my old brand).
They said every sled leaves the factory with same setting on the shock adjustments not set by dealer. Sounds real easy to set up.

Back
Top Bottom