• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Hand and thumb warmers?

Lak

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2015/2014 polaris indy 550.
2015 Polaris Indy 550 es, thumb warmer does not work anymore, no biggie, ordered a new one. The hand warmers are not very hot any more. All i can find when I search for replacement ones are the black grips? Are these a wrap around type? Looking for a plug and play type. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

2015 Polaris Indy 550 es, thumb warmer does not work anymore, no biggie, ordered a new one. The hand warmers are not very hot any more. All i can find when I search for replacement ones are the black grips? Are these a wrap around type? Looking for a plug and play type. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

2410778 HEATER, GRIP, LO/MED/HI

or you could try aftermarket possibly RSI, I have been running those on my last few sleds that had straight bars and I added RSI hooks like the newer models and added the RSI warmers.

2410778 HEATER, GRIP, LO/MED/HI

or you could try aftermarket possibly RSI, I have been running those on my last few sleds that had straight bars and I added RSI hooks like the newer models and added the RSI warmers.
K,,thanks,

Sorry, but what does RSI stand for? Punched it into ebay and nothing came up?

I think is "race inspired parts " I just looked up rsi sled on safari or google. On quick glance I saw Polaris hand warmer listed for about 69 bucks. Not sure about specific application

Last edited:
Yup. Your right. lol I read the other thing above the rsi logo. Had my head up my a..

Yup. Your right. lol I read the other thing above the rsi logo. Had my head up my a..
I read that to and it just wasn't making sense..lol I looked it up.

I would do a voltage check at the thumb warmer and hand grip plugs with the sled running to make sure you're getting the proper voltage. It should be around 14 volts above idle. Remember to set your meter to a/c volts.

Last edited:
Thanks, Sure need them now! -40 below with the wind chill here!!

Got a set of RSI hand warmers in the mail today. Should I cut the original rubber hand grips off and buy new ones? Never done this before,,any tips would be great! Thanks..

Poke a small hole in the end, and use compressed air to inflate them. They will slide off. Just make sure the other end of the bars are plugged.

Blow gun on the air compressor, blow them off, once one side is off you will need to cover that open end of the bars and blow the other side off. Carefully peal off the old heaters if your going to save them, otherwise just get them off. Install new heaters, pay attention to where the wires are, and need to go on the new ones. Once you got them on, carefully start the old grips on for the install, using the air compressor to help expand the grips and slide on carefully. If you are not sure about wrecking the new heaters on the install, I have wrapped them with electrical tape to protect them. Cork between the bars and the new heaters will create an awesome set-up, you could do a search for them if you have time to do this, also filling the bars with expanding foam helps.

Got the sled back today,,RSI hand warmers ROCK! Can cook eggs on them! lol Thanks for the advice everyone.. now to figure out the thumb warmer. Put a brand new one on and still ice cold..:( Gonna try on med. setting and see if it might be the switch

Back
Top Bottom