• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Help with cold start

William Heilman

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
1972 Moto ski Capri, 1968 Artic Cat Panther, 2000 Polaris 600 2up
I have a 2000 Polaris 600 2up that is a cold starter. It will start but will not idle. I had taken it to the dealer for this issue. They changed the plugs and resistor caps and said they went over everything. I have to hold throttle at high RPM and then go. Even when it warms up it still acts like it wants to stall and it will. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a 2000 Polaris 600 2up that is a cold starter. It will start but will not idle. I had taken it to the dealer for this issue. They changed the plugs and resistor caps and said they went over everything. I have to hold throttle at high RPM and then go. Even when it warms up it still acts like it wants to stall and it will. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you ever have the carbs thoroughly cleaned? It sounds like maybe the pilots are plugged. Will it run with choke?

Also, throttle cable free play, idle set screw , air screw , etc...

Back
Top Bottom