• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Help with XLT suspension

GeorgeB

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
94 Polaris XLT
Hello,
New to the site and pretty new to snowmobiles. Glad to be on board here. Hopefully you all can help me. I have a question and need some help. My 94 Polaris XLT with the XC-100 rear skid has been fussed with and I want to get it back to the factory starting point. In the past someone had moved the rear mounting of the skid to the lower holes but did not move the front or adjust the limiter strap. Needless to say the sled didn't handle very well. I relocated the rear mounting point to the factory location but I noticed the skid and track don't sit flat on the floor. the back portion of the track remains off the floor a bit. I noted the front shock is in the lower hole and the rear scissors is in the forward hole. My book says factory for the shock is the upper hole and the scissors should be in the rear hole. Do I need to remove the skid to make these changes? Also what about the rear limiter strap? I can't find any information on that setting. I don't believe my front or rear springs have adjusters on them to turn either. Any help would be appreciated. I will be taking a much closer look at it saturday but I am trying to get as informed as I can.

Back
Top Bottom