• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Holes in XCR wheels?

Powaton

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Pro S 800
Some kinda modern art style statement or functional?

What's the deal?

Some kinda modern art style statement or functional?

What's the deal?

It goes back the trailing arm sleds. You could turn the wheel and put a wrench through the hole to get to certain fasteners. Don't think they're functional on the axys tho.

Haratiage styling. Like cooling fins on liquid cooled cylinders. Plus getting rid of invenroty. Win win!

It goes back the trailing arm sleds. You could turn the wheel and put a wrench through the hole to get to certain fasteners. Don't think they're functional on the axys tho.
Can tell you for a fact, at least on the short skid, they're not needed to get at the suspension bolts.

And they do wear funny because of the hole they flat spot on the one side call me crazy but I have seen it

Seems as though Polaris doesn't want to add another part number to the system. I have needed to use this hole to remove a bolt in the skid of my Edge. What really sucks is you're paying EXTRA for the stupid hole since it is an extra process (wheels I saw had the hole drilled in place, it was not part of the mold). I've seen the flat spots too.

Are the inner wheels different than the outer wheels? Non rear axle of course

Back
Top Bottom