• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

How Fast? Historically speaking.

Powaton

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Pro S 800
How fast is the Axys 800 and similar sleds compared to some of the historically fastest?

As in, how do the recent 800s compare to Thundercats, Triples from the early 2000s, Ski doo SDI 1000, Fusion900, cat 1000 etc...?

"Reasonably stock" top speed AND/or acceleration, real world.

I have only ever owned 600cc class sleds going back to the early 90s, so I have no comparison.

My experience on my 15 pro-s un-modded is 112 on the dream-o-meter. That's the fastest I've ever been on a sled but I've only been riding for 10 years and don't have experience on some of the infamous 700 triples, etc...

A dream 112 is probably a real 95-98?

Idk my old xcr just clutch weight ,primary spring ,secondary spring that's it would run 114 on radar no problem and not in a huge distance. That was on snow on lake top. I had a twin 800 that would fun 117 plus on lake and 122.8 in the quarter on the tar. Extra wheel kit and clutch parts that's it. Nothing fancy. I haven't seen those speeds personally out of an Axys yet BUT people say they have so its possible.

Full disclosure the twin had a speed track and chisels in it.

Lol. Can't bring a knife to a gun fight. Lol

Hmmm?

My old xcr 800 with some tweaks did 121 mph on radar on the lake.
Did some more tweets to bottom case, cylinder, head , valves, stingers and would get 127 mph on lake no problem on radar . That was a fast chassis .of course I was way lighter then, lol

Now these axys, it's higher center of gravity. So, not so much for big numbers, but you can slam it down and get some good numbers , lol

So all in all, things are probably about the same as they were. But the new sleds are much more trail friendly ride wise and have superior run quality/mpg.

And if you want to try speed runs, sinch em down to 6" of travel and tuck in.

Got this speed last year trail set up stock ride height 84 studs. Radar gun said 118.6. Lower it and put a 9811 track on it and I'd be surprised if it didn't run in the upper 120's. In stock form it really close in power to the old xcr 800 and at least 80-100 pounds lighter.
IMG_0370.JPG

That's huge top end for a modern trail sled. Great job dialing it in.

Back
Top Bottom