• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

I assaulted my wife !!!

big tom

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2017 Polaris assault 800
So after riding my 2017 assault that I picked up on a rainy day in February for a smoking deal, my wife decided she needed one. We were going to wait til fall and buy a leftover 2017, but watching the deals ads it didn't look like there was going to be any left by fall. The 800 in Michigan I hear are real hard to find. She rides pretty aggressive and hangs with most the guys on 800's being only 130 lbs on a 600 tnt doo. So she did the 600 hoping the power is close to her doo, ported, head and clutched, tnt. My worries with the 800 would have been her getting to cocking when riding with the guys. What a tease to have to walk by your new sled in the garage all summer not having rode it at all!!.

Attachments

• 2017.jpg
    2017.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 513
I like your sense of humor! Now have her put aggrevated above the assault decal. Lol. Nice sled

Well she hates the blue and wanted the 800 graphics, but once you get them off it makes the metal flake and gloss stand out.. 20 mins with the heat gun and its stealth!!. and she says it may stay that way.
karens sled.zip.jpg

You may have to get the softer torsion springs for her as it will probably to stiff for her

Awesome though

You may have to get the softer torsion springs for her as it will probably to stiff for her

Awesome though
Yeah I'm thinking the same thing, the lighter torsion springs. Her doo has dual rates front and center also, but I'm going see how the stock sba front and center act like with her on it ,before I go ordering anything up. Being twice the weight as her its hard for me to set up sleds for her. I set the sag then watch her while she's riding as far as rebound. Then ask her about bottoming, ski lift and it rolling out on corners.. but I seem to get a lot of that girl answers , it's o.k. We ride mostly x-country and she pretty fast.

So while sitting in the driveway on her sled on dollies while I'm heat cycling (p brake on) it. She says its to quiet. Yes, she had a bmp trail can on her doo. She likes the big bark cans, but knows she cant ride all day with one. I personally have seen power losses with cans, but its hers .

So whats a good trail can for a 600 that doesn't scream/sing real loud on the top for a poo?. GGB? bmp?

Get the bmp, it doesn't loose power and isn't that loud .

OK, summer over starting to work on are two new sba's. I was told by the lady I still owe are account $2k from the buy of the sleds, I just sold her last sled. So it looks like no real mods this year, just accessories and set up. So I warmed up the paypal account this weekend, heres what I got so far.

2- rmk/sks rear flaps
2-rca plug in's ( even though I wear a open face helmet)
1 set of the softer torsion spring for the wifes sled.
2- poo alt skid plates ( was going to go with skinz but dealers giving me a good break on poo acc).
Skinz hand guards for mine, shes liking the fusion.
1-burandt tunnel bag. thinking we only need one with the storage under the seat.
Extra belts and plugs
spanner wrench for my on sled collection.

Things I haven't picked up yet and are rebating which way to go.

Buying or making ski shims.
Studs, thinking 1.5 114 all double backers. wondering if 114 will be enough for my 800. If theres not enough I don't want to have pull thru's.
Carbies. Are last sleds we ran doo sno-x skis with 7.5 shaper bars and they turned on a dime but at the end of the day your arms were done. Wondering if 6 inch shaper bars will be enough with the pro steers and studs. I know guys on here like the grippers but that's $600. more for both sleds and right now that would put her over the top..lol
600 clutching. We ride 75% x-country and I have been reading northstar performance makes a awesome kit for the 600 that the iron dog guys like with big gains over stock.
800 clutching I think I can get that close from all the info the nice people on this site have posted.
Oil tank vent kits??.
relay bags?.
Try and fit in a oil caddy.

Any input on the stuff I haven't picked up yet would be great.. Thanks tom

Build you're own clutch kit

Use a John Deere or Skidoo oil cap as it's cheap.

Really a doo oil cap, cool.

Brock, I have done most my clutching in the past and have a buddy that does a ton of doo clutching and works for his cuz at the doo doctor sled /trans shop. My problem lately is my job. Work has blown up and I leave at 8am and get home at 8pm or later and I'm burned out by Friday night. By next fall I should be able to step away from this job and look for something were I have a life again. I just cleaned the doo primary stuff out of my box and wow the amount of adjustable pins, weights, ramps, pullers and springs I have ,there was a lot money. We ran the team secoundrys on are doo's that they came with, they were the Rs sno-x chassis's. At this point I have all the acc's for the 600 and 800 sitting next to the sled lol they just need clutching. When setting up my wifes sleds, I'm 150 pounds heavier than her which can make things diff at times. So that's why I was thinking of buying a kit from maybe nsp for her 600 and doing my 800 thru the season. At this point getting them ready for the season and getting some seat time this year is #1. Making 20 pulls in a field per sled clutching sounds fun but with the time I have I want to be riding when the snow hits..

Nobody really posts 600 sba stuff... maybe they need there own section?.

Really a doo oil cap, cool.

Brock, I have done most my clutching in the past and have a buddy that does a ton of doo clutching and works for his cuz at the doo doctor sled /trans shop. My problem lately is my job. Work has blown up and I leave at 8am and get home at 8pm or later and I'm burned out by Friday night. By next fall I should be able to step away from this job and look for something were I have a life again. I just cleaned the doo primary stuff out of my box and wow the amount of adjustable pins, weights, ramps, pullers and springs I have ,there was a lot money. We ran the team secoundrys on are doo's that they came with, they were the Rs sno-x chassis's. At this point I have all the acc's for the 600 and 800 sitting next to the sled lol they just need clutching. When setting up my wifes sleds, I'm 150 pounds heavier than her which can make things diff at times. So that's why I was thinking of buying a kit from maybe nsp for her 600 and doing my 800 thru the season. At this point getting them ready for the season and getting some seat time this year is #1. Making 20 pulls in a field per sled clutching sounds fun but with the time I have I want to be riding when the snow hits..

Nobody really posts 600 sba stuff... maybe they need there own section?.

Build you're own kit as many are just general and it's cheaper.

For you're 600
Buy set screw adjustable weights for the ease of change(best for 800's all around too)Dalton makes a profile that's so similar to the 10 series . Get the Dalton black grey primary spring (100/305)

Get a 46/42 fp and the other cut a 48/44 with a 140/220 spring for you're secondary .

1.68-1.74 gear ratios

That should set you up for you're wife's 600 Div20

That's sounds pretty close to what I had in her 600 doo. Ran 42srt, 2mm o/s rollers, 130/290 in primary with 412 ramps and 16.5 grams.
Ill have to look at the manual, I think I remember the 600 sba has like a 1.88 gear ratio already. I remember it was more than the 800.

Back
Top Bottom