• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Ice scratcher where can you put them on a Rush ???

shwantz34

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris Indy 850 XC 129
Good morning.

Does somebody as intall Ice scratcher on a Rush (120)
I use normaly Trail Blizzer ( flexible scratcher) on my rmk Switchback and 129 AC
But on the Rush i can't find a place to fit them on this short skid, wiout beeing
in contact with tunel when not in use ( the loop that it makes comes in contact with the inside of tunel when suspension compress. Is it possible to pu that inside of ski ?
does Plastic ski tuff enougnt to put that there ?
will it be as efficient as on tunel ?

If you have some pick of what you have done i'll apreciate

https://www.qualipieces.com/fr-CA/t...rderBy:null&IsDescOrder:false&Index:0&Count:0

Regard's

Pierre

IMG_0022.JPG

This is were I installed them on my assault

I'm thinking your wheels are in the way?? Mine are inside the rails. Can you put the second wheels inside and install trail blizzards ???

View attachment 1941
This is were I installed them on my assault

I'm thinking your wheels are in the way?? Mine are inside the rails. Can you put the second wheels inside and install trail blizzards ???

That's exactly my Problem ( the wheels are in the way) i will check if i can put one set Inside if so it will woks great.
Don't know why i have not think about that my self ( dick head) :)

thank you Brock

Just try to switch the wheel inside, but i don't have the space to fit it.
It doesn't clear the front swingarm...

Any other sugestion ?
120 inch is very short to fit a scratcher ,,,, no space left

I have have them install like that on my switchback too, but on the Rush if you install them at this location, it won't do any good, way too much on the rear,
ice wont catch the rear radiator. remember a Rush is 17 inch shorter than a switchback

The track is 17 inches longer but the actual length is only half of that. The usable snow chunks the scratcher sprays are the ones sprayed sideways onto the rails. I wouldn't think it would be much more different than a SB. Without scratchers my 800 was running 140s and getting into the low 150s degrees. With them down it never got out of the 120s. And this was a 40 degree day with icy trails without much snow on top. I don't think there is any other places to mount them on these rails without removing any outer bogeys

The track is 17 inches longer but the actual length is only half of that. The usable snow chunks the scratcher sprays are the ones sprayed sideways onto the rails. I wouldn't think it would be much more different than a SB. Without scratchers my 800 was running 140s and getting into the low 150s degrees. With them down it never got out of the 120s. And this was a 40 degree day with icy trails without much snow on top. I don't think there is any other places to mount them on these rails without removing any outer bogeys

if i install them their, the tip will be only 13 inch before the end of the rear pad, i doute that it will have an effect for my cooling.
i know that they work , if the snow/ice spray is coming from the front of the skid but so much at the rear ???

When the scratchers throw the snow/ice between the rails, the spinning track throws it everywhere, including into the heat exchangers. The scratchers don't directly spray the heat exchangers very much. It's all about blasting the track with snow chunks so it throws them everywhere.

Finaly , i decide to order one set of this, http://sno-wheels.com/product/rt-cool-n-lube-skrachrzz/

we receive a lot of rain today and yesterday, no more snow here, i have to go north to find snow this week end,
i don't want to ruin my trip , because the scratcher don't do the job. I belive that this model will spray enought
ice/snow on my track to cool my machine. They are ugly like hell, but install and uninstall easily in minutes
so when not require i'll remove them. Blizzer have all time be kind to me in the past, but it doesn't fit well
on a 120 inch . Too far behind the rear end of the sled to have a good effect.
Its good for the guys who follow ( but nobody can follow an XCR :) ) but not for me.

Back
Top Bottom