• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

INDY 550 EXTENSION COMPLETE

OutCast

Well project 121"-144" Extension on the INDY 550 is complete. Took me about 8-9hrs total and had my Best Buddy helping with the modification to his sled. He was in the garage with me last night after Hockey from 10pm-1am and again today.
1st thing he said is Test ride tomorrow in the powder
INDY550.JPG
Pic2 INDY 550.JPG
INDY3.JPG
INDY4.PNG
INDY3.JPG
Pic2 INDY 550.JPG
INDY550.JPG
INDY550.JPG

Awesome job, hope you guys get to run them together before winter is over

How does the Extension perform in the Powder, are the lugs the standard 1.3?

It's a noticeable improvement over the 121" skid.
I took it for a few rips and was impressed for a 550 how well
it did.
Now I wouldn't go High Marking with it but it works very well in a few feet of powder.
I put a Cobra 1.352" lug track on it.

Out, how did those tunnel side decals hold up to boot scuffing in ????? miles

Thanks for the response. I'm looking at a 2015 Indy with 144" track and wanting it to get up my drive ( nasty hill) as well as break local trail. This hasn't been easy with what I currnelty have although not the driver most of you guys are. Nonetheless, based on this as well as one other response I think this sled can do what I need without considering a larger Lug Height.

EDIT: there's actually 800+ miles on the machine with that Polaris decal
On it.
Div20 thinking hard about putting one on my Indy, because I hate the boot scuffed tunnel I have in 1,100 miles.
tunnelscuff.jpg

I just bought the same sled in the 121 and was thinking about extending the tunnel to put a 2 up seat on so my kiddo can ride with me from time to time. Which kit did you use? I want to make sure I order the correct one if I go that route. I know I should have just bought the voyager or adventure, but didn't have the cash up front for a 2up.

Tracks USA. I am Putting that sled back to a 136 and will be selling the rail and Tunnell extension if you’re interested. But installing a 2-up seat has no bearing on what length the skid is.

I know, just trying to figure out what seat configuration will work. Don't have many options I don't think. Everything I look at on the polaris site says it doesn't fit my machine. I thought by extending the tunnel I may have more options.

Back
Top Bottom