• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

INDY 800 Lean MidRange

OutCast

icon1.gif
INDY 800 Lean Mid Range
So a couple, weeks ago I put an air fuel Guage on my 2015 INDY 800 on the stock pipe. It has V-Force3R reeds. I wanted to see the midrange Air Fuel ratio because my wife will be driving this sled a lot as I sold her 600.
I don't know why these engines haven't been going down because it was SCARY!

From 5000-6300 I seen 13:2 up to 14:1 and I guesstimate it was at 20% throttle.

Wide open at 8000 RPMs it was pig rich... 11:8-12:2.
I added 7% in the mid range and took away 3% on top. Brought the numbers down but needs more tuning.

Just figured I would let y'all know to be aware of this problem!
Click this bar to view the full image.
CaperGDC.jpg

Report this image

its lean down that low for fuel mileage. 14:1 to 15:1 from 4000-6000 rpm isnt going to hurt anything down that low.
The 800 e tec is around 17:1 in low rpm for fuel mileage.
AFR readings are different in acceleration and deceleration too
Now if that is 14:1+ from 7-8500 rpm, I would add fuel

Watch afr readings when you nail it vs deceleration too

I agree with what you are saying. But when my Wife is driving it and shes cruising steady at 5300-5800 RPMS then its running in the 13s then no way am i leaving that air fuel ratio lean. 13s at cruising down the trails is a bad thing.

True . If you're gonna cruise at 5-6500 rpm at 15-20% throttle were it's lean. Change it .

Back
Top Bottom