• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Indy Dans adjustable mag weights

racerdave

Staff member
Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
since 1976
Snowmobile
AXYS Switcher 800,Indy600sp,XCSP600ves
He sells these on ebay. Notice the 2nd hole counting from the pivot uses a smaller magnet.

indydanweights.jpg

I like that.
Yes I noticed that too.
This area doesn't need huge weight and he sees that. Just the heel and tip in my opinion.
I wonder what the profile curve is like compared to 10 series. More aggressive, less aggressive???
Also, is the heel tucked???

Also the magnet holes are on the opposite side of the weight ( SSI ,Bikeman, ) I'm sure to get around patent rights.

http://www.mdsclutching.com/#products

Check out MDS weights in above link, heavy heel, adjustable tip , more aggressive than a 10 profile.

RD , magnets on one side at 12 noon and other side at 6 o'clock.

But in my mind rotation is always pushing the magnets against the weight. In reverse it would be the opposite? Stroker2 are you one of the old Porker Run guys?

Last edited:
I just bought a balanced clutch off Dan for my pro r 800 and he sent me an updated set of weights and the last hole uses the small magnets the first set of weights looked like the picture posted racer Dave

I'm going to throw this out there for info only: seams all these magnet weights are a bit more tucked then 10 series. With that said some of you running the 50/44 full might find you might need to go up on spring on the start in the secondary. This would be from the inetial upshift from the tucked weight pulling on the belt and possibly dropping the belt to quickly in the secondary. For drag racing it might be fine, but slow trail riding it might back shift a little slow. If been playing with my SKS with a tucked weight and had to go up to the stock SKS secondary spring(155-222) with the 48-44 full and it works much better then the 140-200, keep in mind I have a lot of track to turn and were racing up hill. That is all

I agree on the tucked weights.
Either that or choose a primary spring with less engagement.??
Pros800 had a140/300 and it was engaging @,4700+. Went to a 120/310 and now it's 4200.

The higher engagement was masking the problem because the momentum of the motor at the higher rpm would overcome the load . Dropping the engagement 500 rpm loaded the clutches harder lessining fhe momentum which can cause a miss shift

The weights and the helix is the major component in the cvt system for tuning. The springs are for fine tuning only.

I like the drag race method I've use for years. I keep the common helix finish angle close to factory(44).

I load with primary weight heavy and use softest springs possible to compliment gear ratio for distance choosen . This method is drag racing fast. It can be tuned for fast trail. This is what I do on a timing system.
So if I'm using 73 gram (heavy heel &tip)weights with a 130/300 primary and a 140/220 with a helix that has a common 44 finish. And it's really fast on timing system in 60,330,500,660,800,etc....

If it's in its rpm and torque curve and really fast on et and mph.
I back it off a little for fast trail as this method isn't good for back shift. Something we a ll need.

Now this is just an example.

I do have some set ups that are wicked fast for drag racing, but would suck set up for fast trail. It can be massaged from there for fast trail.

I base my set ups off drag racing is what I'm trying to say. But make it trail friendly afterwards.

This is just what I do. Some won't agree.

Back
Top Bottom