• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Indy parts collecting has begun.

racerdave

Staff member
Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
since 1976
Snowmobile
AXYS Switcher 800,Indy600sp,XCSP600ves
In April I bought a left over 2015 Indy 600SP es. Since then I bought a used rear rack and bag from a HCS member. New Wide Clyde windshield on E Bay. A pair of new red ski toes at the St Germain Vintage swap meet. Now my summer long debate is whether to stud the Hacksaw or go with a 128 Cobra with rail extensions from Tracks USA? Either way the track will get studded. Pipe mod from SSI or Bikeman? Decisions decisions.

Just can't leave well enough alone? LOL
Good luck on your summer parts hunt. I've tossed around the idea of a 128'' track myself but I don't want to lose the ability to set up and power slide around the apex of a corner through the exit full throttle, lightening up the skis in the process, only to do it all over again in the next corner. Gives me a woody just thinking about it.

Sled2God, its going to be a long summer.Sled2

On a related note, I hung a pair of red SLT's on my '13 Indy. They look good but more importantly, they out corner the Pro-Steers hands down. Also the SLT's wear a lot better than the Pro-Steers.
I think you are going to like the SP version over the standard Indy.
The built in bar hooks really work well and are comfortable in the corners.
Oh, I almost forgot, look into the wind deflectors. They don't detract from the looks of the sled and really shield the wind from your chest down to your pant legs.
I switched back and forth from my Indy with them on to my Buddy's rush without them and long lake runs are downright brutal on the Rush with no deflectors. My 2 cents

I put 5,400 miles on my 2012 Switchback Pro r. I had the WideClyde on it, no deflectors. I was plenty warm on it in all conditions so I am good to go there. I also have some red Powder Pro's I have not used since 2005. I may buy new mounts for them and give them a try.

If it were my sled.

I'd go with stretching it 128" or more.

Hacksaw 128"x15"x1" #9234H 35lbs

Ripsaw 128"x13.5"x1.25" #9001H 34lbs

And stud it with 144+ studs

Just my opinion Div20

This sled will be my backup, and for my son to ride when he can. At most it might get 300-400 miles a year . That is what the Fuse600 it replaces averaged in the 5 years I had it. Based on that, while I would like to do the 128 track, it is probably just wishful thinking and I will probably just stud the Hack. But.................................................Bling

Did you have the pipe mod on your fuse600?

Did you find you gained much? How many rpms did ha gain just putting the pipe mod on without touching your clutching?

6hp gain has been the accepted norm from Dyno Tech

S.S.I. is owned by Erich Long, who used to own Bikeman. I'm guessing that the pipe mod is EXACTLY the same. Whoever's cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom