• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Installing tunnel protectors Matryx

Doug

Installed the tunnel protectors today, The instructions are basically straight forward but I changed them a little. Actually installed the t-bolts in the tunnel protractors and tightened the nuts on just to the point of hitting the nylon on the locking nut. Pushed up on the T-bolt with a socket and extension to slide it into the T-slot and start pushing the tunnel projector into the tunnel. You need to rock it a little or slightly tap it with a rubber hammer. Push up the 2nd T-bold up you may have to loosen it slightly to get it to go into the t-slots. On the first one I just barley put the nuts on and after rocking it and slightly tapping it with a rubber hammer I had a nut fall off thus the reason to install them until the nylon of the locking nut hit the nut. When you have the last t-bolt in pull the tunnel protector back to the edge of the rear heat exchanger. You can tighten the two rear nuts from the back and the front two through the windows in the track with a long extension on a ratchet.

You can probably do this with the rear snow flap and bumper still installed but its not worth the trouble. The tunnel protector kit includes rivets to reinstall the snow flap and it makes it easier to stud the sled with the snow flap removed anyway.

That’s it. I put all the t bolts in and just start all nuts on the bench . Then lube the exchangers and protectors with. T bolt flats. (All contact surfaces ) then slide and shake em right in. Then as stated tighten rears. And then rest with extensions through track windows.

I'm still waiting on my 650, I do have the protectors and will pick up studs next week, but it sounds like I won't. have the sled until after Christmas.

Yup. Al I’ll add is use more lube on top of Protector. And you. Can put 4th bolt in ahead of time. Just like the rest.

Installed the tunnel protectors today, The instructions are basically straight forward but I changed them a little. Actually installed the t-bolts in the tunnel protractors and tightened the nuts on just to the point of hitting the nylon on the locking nut. Pushed up on the T-bolt with a socket and extension to slide it into the T-slot and start pushing the tunnel projector into the tunnel. You need to rock it a little or slightly tap it with a rubber hammer. Push up the 2nd T-bold up you may have to loosen it slightly to get it to go into the t-slots. On the first one I just barley put the nuts on and after rocking it and slightly tapping it with a rubber hammer I had a nut fall off thus the reason to install them until the nylon of the locking nut hit the nut. When you have the last t-bolt in pull the tunnel protector back to the edge of the rear heat exchanger. You can tighten the two rear nuts from the back and the front two through the windows in the track with a long extension on a ratchet.

You can probably do this with the rear snow flap and bumper still installed but its not worth the trouble. The tunnel protector kit includes rivets to reinstall the snow flap and it makes it easier to stud the sled with the snow flap removed anyway.

Nice my sled came with them but dads did not since he got the 1.6" and did igrip screws. I didn't price it out but I wonder which is cheaper order with the 1.5" ice storm or order with the 1.6 and add protectors and igrip studs?

Probably cheaper to order. Camso (camelplast ) also does a trade deal . They take your new unused track on trade for whatever you want to get. And you pay the difference or something like that

Nice my sled came with them but dads did not since he got the 1.6" and did igrip screws. I didn't price it out but I wonder which is cheaper order with the 1.5" ice storm or order with the 1.6 and add protectors and igrip studs?

I got a 129” Ice Storm for $600 shipped from Snow City Tracks for Less. Best price anywhere that I could find. I’d be willing to bet this is cheaper than ordering 1.6 and adding igrips. But I didn’t price out that option so not positive.

It was pretty easy probably took me 15 minutes and then another 10 minutes to do the front bolts thru the window. Used a cordless rachet and went pretty smooth.

Back
Top Bottom