• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Iqr 800

Elaina18E

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Iqr 800
Pro-X 600
I have a 2009 iqr with a 2004 800 in it. I believe the water pump went seeing engine is not cooling now and there is no leaks in the system. Does the coolant pump run on a belt? Haven't investigated yet. Got back from my last trip of the year this week

I have a 2009 iqr with a 2004 800 in it. I believe the water pump went seeing engine is not cooling now and there is no leaks in the system. Does the coolant pump run on a belt? Haven't investigated yet. Got back from my last trip of the year this week

Could have an air bubble in the system or you could have a stuck thermostat.

I haven't looked into it yet but what work would need to be don't to get to the thermostate? Don't think it's an air bubble cause I had it up on an angle with the rad cap loose to try and get any out, while running.

I haven't looked into it yet but what work would need to be don't to get to the thermostate? Don't think it's an air bubble cause I had it up on an angle with the rad cap loose to try and get any out, while running.

Can you toss up a picture of your engine compartment? I can point out where the thermostat is.

I need to take a more recent pic. This is an old one when had to redo valve.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 360
I need to take a more recent pic. This is an old one when had to redo valve.

Cant really see much, lol. Sometimes they are mounted off the head and a flange. If I could see what motor you have transplanted completely I could help more.

Some more pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 333
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 325

Its under that big pipe that comes out the rear of the head. Under that housing should be the thermostat.

Back
Top Bottom