• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

jackshaft bearings

Mark 28

Has anyone had any issues with the jackshaft bearing on the axys or did I just get a bad one? only made it to 2300 miles, completely blown out while on a trip up north. Anyone try modifying these to use a grease fitting? Or a better aftermarket bearing? Hate having to go home early!

Just last Saturday I popped the seal out of the bearing with a thin flat blade screw driver and fill it back up with grease using a needle valve (like used to put air in a football) on the end of a grease gun. I also did my driveshaft bearing. There wasn't much grease in either of them.

Just last Saturday I popped the seal out of the bearing with a thin flat blade screw driver and fill it back up with grease using a needle valve (like used to put air in a football) on the end of a grease gun. I also did my driveshaft bearing. There wasn't much grease in either of them.

Where u able to get seals back in and out without damage? Thought about doing what you did just don't want to wreck a new bearing either or have seal blow out and get grease on the clutches

Yep if you take your time working the seal out you will have no problem using them over. When reinstalling the seal you can kind of feel them snap back in. I have done this many of times with no issues, I usually try to do the idler wheel bearing also once year.

Totally gone, 5,800 miles but looking for better method on keeping them greased.

Attachments

• bearing (2).jpg
    bearing (2).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 163

Back
Top Bottom