• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Jaws/RKTek dyno teaser vid

coryatver

Video floating around net of Interview with RKTek at Jaws. Somewhat interesting. Found the part of them discussing the DET issues that people are having much like I delt with all last year with the SSI pipe mod. Basically saying nothing you can do about it. Also another interesting thing they said was stock piston skirts are breaking down with only 300 miles on them and best to put the RKTek pistons in a new sled right away. Will be interesting to see there numbers when they release them. From what I have seen Heads are basically a waste of money for the couple hp you get from them if any at all. Also found it interesting how he mentioned that "the bars shake" and his pistons take that away. Really now. This guy is a piece of work I don't believe anything he says lol.

To me the I don't believe a well designed aftermarket head is a waste of money. Most of the time you will see better cooling (less DET) and with better combustion chamber designs you will see less DET and an increase in power.

Those are good points. I guess a lot of it for me is who knows whose head actually works and which ones are garbage and make the sled run worse with multiple people that have dyno tested different heads that i have seen some improve a few hp, some make less. Including RKTek heads I have seen make less hp on dyno

I don't want to bash Kelsey, but he does go overboard to sell his products.
The skirt failure thing is very questionable from Kelsey.

A key thing to remember is? A aftermarket company
ordering forged pistons to a certain spec is that a mass order is taken. You can't just order a a few sets.
So what I'm getting at is,
Lots of money is put up front, so I guess the next thing is to sell the product you order.
I think you guys get were I'm going with this. :)

I don't believe the piston bs. But most of the company's that had a head out for the axys were just the pro ride head made to fit the axys, that's what i got when i called a few places. Some company's have different head style coming out this fall rktek being one of them. The heads that were available last year made 1-2 hp. Most clamed more. These new style are 4-5 hp, time will tell. I know that jaws does good work and if jaws saids xxy head works best with his pipe I'll take his word.

What a load of crap on the piston going out in 300 miles. And this is coming from someone who has had 20+ axys 800 motors on the dyno. I felt alot of gain midrange when i put my head on. Felt like it gained alot of torque coming out of a corner.

I tend to take all claims of performance gains with an absolute grain of salt until it has miles under it's belt. Far too many sled go fast / reliability parts end up being lucky to even compare with original they are suppose to be updating.

What a load of crap on the piston going out in 300 miles. And this is coming from someone who has had 20+ axys 800 motors on the dyno. I felt alot of gain midrange when i put my head on. Felt like it gained alot of torque coming out of a corner.
I seen you guys dyno'd a lot of axys sleds on dyno hard until they went down. I don't remeber you saying any skirt failures tom????

No definitely not skirt failure with that low of miles. We did have one that got all scratched up but that was with amsoil

Polaris is coming out with a new oil supposedly that is specially made for the 800 ho Polaris ultimate that protects better then race and has lower pour point then ves supposed to be out this winter they tested it and held same peak hp for 5,000 miles

Tom works at the place that makes the oil for us Polaris sled heads.
Any details on it pros800?

Hey Tom, would you recommend pumping out the old VES Synthetic in the oil tank and adding the new Poo oil or just mixing it in together? My thinking is that the 17's will still come from factory with the VES Synthetic in the oil tank.

Personally in my sleds im sucking the old out and just putting it into a empty gallon bottle. You can mix it but i like to start fresh so alll the new additives are in there at the right spec. And no the 2017 sleds will still have the reg ves oil not the ves extreme oil.

Will this new oil replace the current ves oil, or be a higher cost option?

No it wont replace the normal VES as many sleds use that already. It will be a better option oil like we make with the ps-4 and ps-4 extreme duty 4 stroke oils. The public was complaining about the VES race oil name thinking it was for all out racing which it isnt. So we went back to the drawing table and spent 6 months on the dyno developing this oil specifically on the 800 axys motor only. It will prly cost a couple bucks more a gallon the the race does over reg ves

That's awesome Tom.
When do you think dealers will get some??
December for sure ?

Back
Top Bottom