• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Keep fouling plugs on my 680 triple

Farm man

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
1996 Polaris ultra SP 680 triple
Hey guys, I keep fouling the clutch side plug on my 1996 Polaris ultra SP 680 triple. The plug doesn't foul every time I start the sled but probably every 5th time I Start the sled. There is a different plug cap and wires going to that cylinder on the clutch side so I'm wondering if that might be the problem. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

Hey guys, I keep fouling the clutch side plug on my 1996 Polaris ultra SP 680 triple. The plug doesn't foul every time I start the sled but probably every 5th time I Start the sled. There is a different plug cap and wires going to that cylinder on the clutch side so I'm wondering if that might be the problem. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

Are you warming up the sled the same every time? You can cold foul and warm foul a plug.. depends on how your choking it when firing it up making sure its really firing on all cylinders well before taking off.

Ck. The compression on the hole also. A weak cyl is more foul prone. If your cap and wire ck out. Move that carb to a different cyl and see if the problem moves with it. Just a few ideas off top of head.

Ck. The compression on the hole also. A weak cyl is more foul prone. If your cap and wire ck out. Move that carb to a different cyl and see if the problem moves with it. Just a few ideas off top of head.

If that's the case drop a compression tester on it and see if that hole is lower then the others.

Ok, also I forgot to say that it did have a tube in that carb from a 600 triple and that could have been causing it if i'm not mistaking. I'm hoping that's what it was as I took the sled in to get some work done and have had them order all new tubes hoping to fix the fouling problem. Thanks everybody

An additional thought after reading MrSled's comment, I believe there should be some slack on your choke lever. If there is not, you might be riding the sled with the choke partially engaged on that Carb/Cylinder and could foul that plug specifically. Might need to back that one off a bit?

Back
Top Bottom