• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Leaking coolant line below PTO side power valve...

trdehmer

I noticed the other day some antifreeze under my 2016 SB, sure enough that coolant line under the PTO side power valve was leaking a bit if you moved the line around. That OEM spring clamp just didn't do its job well. I installed a fuel injection clamp I had around, I'm not a huge fan of the fit because you can't get it as close to the cylinder block as I'd lke, and the bolt is touching the Y-Pipe a little. Thoughts if I'll be o.k.? Not sure what else a person can do...
2016 leaking line.JPG

Keep in mind I have the fuel injection line the way it is because the only way I could get at it to tighten was from the top.....any other direction it would it the power valve housing!

Good find.

Has this line been removed before?

Either shorten the clamps screw / bolt by cutting or add a couple of tiny washers under the head of it. No good will come from it contacting the Y pipe.

I agree with this^^^
The vibration of the pipe will stress or loosen the clamp.

Back
Top Bottom