• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Lined up with an 18' 850?

Jesusfreak

Okay guys, what are the real world results out there?
I had 3 hard pulls in loose pack trail conditions and did well 0-75 mph against a renegade x (which is what i expected and hoped for). 2 out of 3 runs i had sled length hole shots that held until 70-75 when the long legs of the 850 went by. Keep in mind, I'm geared down to 1.73 and also put on the new storm 150 track this year, which I love and is hooking up great. I was over reving a little that day but overall I think a real good test and corner to corner trail, he's got nothing for me.
Any other experiences out there, and or tips for my next time with him?

I have a stock 2017 XCR 800 with clutching and geared 1.81 ratio with 144 1.63 triggers in the stock cobra track. I can run with stock renegade 850 all the way up to 95-100. Also ride with a TNT 850 geared and some clutching. He can get me on top end but I can hold my own corner to corner and up to 85-90 mph. On hard packed snow the Axys can get a few sled lengths on the Skidoo 850. But better hope your only running a 500-600ft race or 850 is coming by

Okay guys, what are the real world results out there?
I had 3 hard pulls in loose pack trail conditions and did well 0-75 mph against a renegade x (which is what i expected and hoped for). 2 out of 3 runs i had sled length hole shots that held until 70-75 when the long legs of the 850 went by. Keep in mind, I'm geared down to 1.73 and also put on the new storm 150 track this year, which I love and is hooking up great. I was over reving a little that day but overall I think a real good test and corner to corner trail, he's got nothing for me.
Any other experiences out there, and or tips for my next time with him?
Any other comments to make on the 150 storm? Hoping they would make a 121” version next year for my XCR.

Any other comments to make on the 150 storm? Hoping they would make a 121” version next year for my XCR.

Very happy so far after about 600 + miles. Acceleration in loose pack is the most significant gain over the stock rip-2 and i havent noticed any sacrifice with corner to corner hard trail riding.
Expecting a difference and possible drop off in performance on ice and top end speed but im not concerned with that 1% of my riding. It seems like 85-90% of our riding here is in loose pack so i'm very happy with it!

I will be riding with one for a couple days later this week and will report back. Should be a good test. I have an assault, he's on a 850 renegade both aggressively studded. Mines clutched and easily puts lengths on 800etechs, and stock clutched sba's and pro-s'. See how it goes but by the sounds of it they are runners. I'm not overly brand loyal so i don't mind saying it how it is.

Raced one so far this year but it wasn't worth talking about because it had what looked like an ice ripper track and couldn't get out if it's own way off the line in hard/pack icy conditions.

This must be the slow forum over on HCS lots of talk of Polaris being faster than 850. I have owned both 850 skidoo and 800 Polaris. The Polaris may be better but faster not usually.

i ran against one in our crew a couple time! he's clutched/geared, I'm clutch/geared, take 1-2 sled lenght until 80mph..after that it's like hitting the brake..lolll

This must be the slow forum over on HCS lots of talk of Polaris being faster than 850. I have owned both 850 skidoo and 800 Polaris. The Polaris may be better but faster not usually.
Idk. I ran a 17 850 in 17 with my 17 poo and I got him out of the hole and he didn't come by me in 800 or so feet. I say anything more than 1000 ft in snow is no longer a drag race but a speed run. So I can't really say about very top end. The 18 850 seems to be stronger.

Lined up several times. Mine, clutched, heavily studded would pull a couple lengths and stay that way until we let off at about 800-1000' From a dead stop or roll ons. Better from a dead stop for mine. Pro-s completely stock, equally studded was getting beat by a good bit by both.

Stock for stock, equally studded the 850 is a little faster bottom to top. Have to admit that they do run pretty good right out of the box. I also got to try a renegade for a good length of trail. I wouldn't rush out and buy one. Got that same Ski-doo robotic feel to it as the xs. This was against an 18 850 completely stock.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom