• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Little help here

Reinert

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris 500xc
OK I got a question,first off I'm not a motor mechanic I'm a welder so bear with me! Fried a piston on my xc500 so a buddy installed a new top end kit and cylinder and had to get a used head,it was a mess.Now we start it up and it's making a racket down low on the clutch side.crank bearings or am I missing something??

OK I got a question,first off I'm not a motor mechanic I'm a welder so bear with me! Fried a piston on my xc500 so a buddy installed a new top end kit and cylinder and had to get a used head,it was a mess.Now we start it up and it's making a racket down low on the clutch side.crank bearings or am I missing something??

Very well could be crank-bearing connecting rod problem..

Yeah... I would agree..should have checked that crank as small particles could have made it down there.

It's getting looked at today,fingers crossed its something cheap!!

K5 we thought of that but was told not to,lots of conflicting information on that.

I agree with k5blazer72.
An engine can be started without the clutch and not do damage. You can't rev it to redline, a little common sense goes a long ways here. You just want to fire it up to see if the noise goes away.

Back
Top Bottom