• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Looking at purchasing a 2017 assualt

Tcc

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2017 polaris assualt
I'm going to look at a 2017 polaris assualt tomorrow, the sled has very high miles at 7000, it has a new crate motor put in 1200 miles ago, under warranty, Is this something I should stay away from? Sled looks brand new, was used only on trail and not beat on off trail to much

I'm going to look at a 2017 polaris assualt tomorrow, the sled has very high miles at 7000, it has a new crate motor put in 1200 miles ago, under warranty, Is this something I should stay away from? Sled looks brand new, was used only on trail and not beat on off trail to much

Sounds like a lot of miles on the sled itself. Does it have any warranty with the new motor? Is it cheap?

If it wasn’t done already then it’s going to need a complete overhaul. Check idler wheel bearings, ski runners, may need Clutches rebuilt. Have the shocks been serviced? Torsion springs may be getting weak.

Also my 17 Assault needed a new tunnel and heat exchanger. I couldn't figure out why my rpms kept climbing at almost full shift out. One day I was checking chain slack by rotating my secondary clutch and my jackshaft was loose in the bearing mount. I removed my secondary and all of the rivets holding the bearing holders were gone also the heat exchanger with the torque stop had the torque stop broken. Good thing that I had a 4 year warranty as it only cost me $50.00.

Back
Top Bottom