• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Looking for a few pointers for clutch weight and possibly gearing

Telrush

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2018 Polaris 600 Pro S
Hello Everyone!

I'm new here, but not to snowmobiling. I love this site, so much talent, and equal sharing of knowledge is commendable. Let me say, thank you in advance for that.

So, I've been combing thru this site for the past few weeks now, looking for any suggestions that will enhance the performance of my "New" to me, Polaris 2018 Axis Sno Pro 600.

The sled has only 5 miles on it, so I also need to break her in before it's pedal to the metal.

Things that have been completed thus far are;
1) 166 Woodys-Golddigger studs
2) MBRP Can
3) Woodys 8" carbides ( 8" maybe a bit much, and might need to drop down to 6" carbides) but I won't really know until snow flies this year.

I'm now in the "fun" process of learning clutch mods and gearing mods. which I think is the best performance gain if it's done right. ( looking for some real-life input here if possible)

So, here goes;
My riding style is best described as trail loving, including the twisty's. with some short-haul lake ridding.
I personally like a clutch setup that pulls hard (stretches your arms out, kind of pull) and also feels like your on the brakes when you let off the gas.

I weigh around 185 fully suited with all of my riding performed in 0-2000' elevation. Maine/NH

Prefer mostly hardpack snow riding as well.

I did purchase today, Dalton's adjustable swing weights (QPA-3) from Drivepower USA.
What would be a good starting point for filling the weight positions?

Thanks,
TJ

Back
Top Bottom