• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Lot of talk about the am sno shoot out

did Polaris send a ringer? Or are the democratic sled drivers looking for pasifiers here too?

No ringer in my opinion. Dynotech Research certified all the machines and the results are historically correct. All sleds made expected power.

Axys speeds were comparatively good to other sleds at the event. But the Axys (in its 3rd year) has run faster in different conditions at previous events and in real life. So that's another knock aginst it being a ringer.

The 850 was only 5 hp off on top end from the pre production unit tested months ago. It made big time mid range as expected. Good running, fully broken in 850s will probably be near or over 170hp.

The Axys, Cat and new turbo Yammi/Cat all put down good and expected dyno numbers.

All the 600s are back up in the low 120s.

The 850 especially and the cat somewhat, just didn't have a good showing.

Power wise, the cat should be a good match for the Axys and the cat has nice clutches now. Bit it didn't shake out that way.

Looking at the spec sheet and the dyno numbers, a betting man would have favored the 850.

But life and especially racing is a bitch I guess! The Axys is just a great out of the box machine! Suspension, clutching, chassis and engine wise. For whatever reason, the sum of its parts exceed the spec sheet.

Last edited:
Don't forget this isn't a total blind side .Polaris did run fastest mph. Last year also. Et was a bit off of course. Snow / temps etc. diff. This year.

Don't forget this isn't a total blind side .Polaris did run fastest mph. Last year also. Et was a bit off of course. Snow / temps etc. diff. This year.

Yes. The Axys has a 3 year record of this level of stock performance.

Maybe it's time the others go uncoupled and get stock clutching better? Or maybe the other guys have more driveline loss. I recall reading somewhere that track HP of the new 850 was no different than the 800 Out of the box.

It would be interesting to see how all these machines do on rolling acceleration tests. Like 30-60, 60-80 and top speed.

Maybe Cat and doo shine more there in stock form.

The newer cat cheap mass produced team clutches do not perform very good for speed

I havnt seen or worked either of them in person yet. But do you think the polaris clutches are less cost reduced and better built than the cat?

They are completely different. The cat "boss" clutch are mass produced 2 piece designed by cat and team. Polaris has the real team clutch. Since the new clutch the 800 cat is very slow top end

They are completely different. The cat "boss" clutch are mass produced 2 piece designed by cat and team. Polaris has the real team clutch. Since the new clutch the 800 cat is very slow top end

Exactly what I was looking 4. Thanks!

Another tid bit to dispel the "ringer" Jim marked Ecu,head,cyl ,and various bolts to insure no switcharoo on all shootout sleds.

Another tid bit to dispel the "ringer" Jim marked Ecu,head,cyl ,and various bolts to insure no switcharoo on all shootout sleds.
That only proves nothing was changed after the dyno session. A ringer could have been sent to start with. Just sayin.

That only proves nothing was changed after the dyno session. A ringer could have been sent to start with. Just sayin.

Could be I guess. But why would a ringer make the same power as the past 3 years and many other runs by different people?

Plus the speed numbers jibe with all other years shootout results and people's real world experience. Has polaris been sending everyone ringers?

Ringer in other ways? Possible, but likely?

- Special bearings?
- Blueprinted chassis?
- Blueprinted and dialed clutches?
- Shock valving biased for monster weight transfer?

Russians again!

No. Jim would have caught it .and they are not special sleds from factory they are just run of the mill sleds pulled right from dealer inventory. Right out of the Same batch as everybody else .just pull a random crate of model you are running and hope it's not a turd.

I remember, maybe 2012 or so, the polaris 600 made 112 hp. There was speculation about it being a turd from the factory. It still posted respectable speed and time though.

Wasn't the 2014 Indy 800 the only sled to crack 100 mph that one year they ran it?

Hey is this the 2016 shootout we're all talking about here??

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Hey is this the 2016 shootout we're all talking about here??

Yup the big controversy on why the axys beat the 850

It beat it? Which model beat which model??
I wanna read this, did it just come out in a recent issue?

Back
Top Bottom