• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Massachusetts sled heads

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2016 switchback pro s 800
Looking for some riding partners from Massachusetts to go riding with. I only have a single trailor. Next year I will get my wife a sled as well, then I'll have to get a 2up trailor. This is my first year with my axys 800 switch. I've only rented in the past and have never ridden anything of this caliber lol, so looking forward to this season. So hit me up guys!

Looking for some riding partners from Massachusetts to go riding with. I only have a single trailor. Next year I will get my wife a sled as well, then I'll have to get a 2up trailor. This is my first year with my axys 800 switch. I've only rented in the past and have never ridden anything of this caliber lol, so looking forward to this season. So hit me up guys!

Welcome to the site!!

New member here also.

Been riding for 10+ years, but just joined site today.

I am also from Massachusetts. I ride a 16 800 Switchback Pro S.

Where are you from?
New member here also.

Been riding for 10+ years, but just joined site today.

I am also from Massachusetts. I ride a 16 800 Switchback Pro S.

Where are you from?
I'm from Fall River how about you?

Yeah. Not far at all.

I'm getting the itch now that colder weather is here. Transitioning from motorcycle season to sled season, although I won't be riding for a while cuz I just had major knee surgery.

I'm hoping to be able to ride mid January tho.

Where do you ride? Have you done any mods to your sled yet?

I have only ridden in Rangely Maine. I haven't done any mods yet, but things I will do is a rear bag, windshield bag, ice scrathers, and a ultimate skid plate. Gonna have North Star Rick do my clutch and pipe next year.

Cool man. I ride up in Aroostook County. Long drive but worth it in every aspect. If I can ride this season to the full extent, I expect I'll do about 4-5k miles.

So far I have added a heated windshield bag, the sport rack and bag, ice scratchers, heated shield cord kit, ultimate bumper, and I think that's it.

I'd like to play around with gearing and clutching soon. Sled is stock at the moment.

Dude that sucks I hope your ready to go, gotta do that rehab. Have you done any mods? Did you ride yours last year or zero miles?

Where is your sled registered? I've never had one. If I only register where I ride what do I need to register out of state?

I register in Maine.

I blew up one of my sleds March 3rd and a few hours after they happened I bought this Pro S. Picked it up following morning. I ended up doing about 1500 miles on it till I put her away and was done for season.

Where do you plan on riding? If you're planning on riding anywhere in MA (which sucks btw; be prepared to ruin a beautiful sled), you'll have to register it and also join a club and get a SAM pass. You'll need to show proof of sales tax paid. If you haven't paid any sales tax on it, you'll need to do so through the MA DOR website. You can register right at the DCR Fall River office. IMO, it's not worth riding in MA unless there's tons of snow. There's some decent areas to ride in the central and western part of state when good conditions allow though.

If you plan on riding out of state, you'll need to register in that state in accordance to their specific laws. In Maine, it's about $100 for out of state registration. Very inexpensive in grand scheme of things.

Thanks Nick, I'm mostly gonna be Maine maybe a trip to Pittsburgh nh, never been an I here good things. My wife and I booked a night at the ice hotel in Quebec in February so we are gonna ride a couple days up there, can't wait for that. I do love Maine riding though. Do you go up alone? How long and what days do you generally go? I try to get up there on a Thursday evening and ride fri and Saturday. Love night riding, can't wait to see the leds.

Nice man. The Moosehead area has a lot of nice riding. Especially when there's good snow. Haven't ridden there in years cuz I always go up to the County now. Wouldn't mind riding the Moosehead region again sometime though.

Back
Top Bottom