• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Massachusetts sled heads

i'm in Worcester area..just upgraded sled, my first sled trip ever was erroll NH north to pittsburg, very nice trails, awesome views etc. one BIG problem is its heavily patrolled by wardens & 40 mph speed limit is strictly enforced, sometimes w speed traps. if you want to ride do maine. no speed limit, cheap, they take grooming very serious & they care enough to constantly update trail reports... NH is kinda stuck up...and he is correct, DO NOT ride in MA, unless its in a friends field messing around, me & my buddy ride the west forks Eustis Jackman (south bingham solon area too) but this year we are about to rent a cabin in Millinocket area for the whole winter...i'm all about networking with good honest people...where in Aroostook county do ya stay? ......I can give ya places to stay & other tid bits, I always try to pick an area & one rental cabin then set up with owner a place to leave trailer on there property for the season if its secure. I know people in bingham u can do that with but ITS 87 north to the forks is F'd due to logging so its off the list..ya gotta stay from the forks north this year...::extras for my new sled:: ARCTIC FX Yamaha blue wrap with white lettering, white mid windshield - powermadd handguards - white extreme bumper ordered last night - dura flex scratchers - goldigger studs installed next week - heated windshield bag ::wish list:: a low pro gas can like ski doo makes & caddy system for the SB!! a mild trail pipe but don't want to piss off a warden so still deciding, clutch but dunno how to do it & whatever I can do to make it a rocket ship haha...

oh guys I need help, do you know any sled techs that have a dyno to break in my sled? zero miles & I wanna hit the ground (snow) ripping this season, don't wanna be up in maine tinkering around, thanks

If you're going to Millinocket, no worries about breaking sled in. Just get on the trails and HAMMER it. I broke mine in this past March and just used a lot of varied throttle with a lot of wot bursts. Couldn't care less about the belt, as the break in of motor is more important to me.

I rent a house in stockholm for the winter. I usually go up at least every other weekend. Last winter, Stockholm was right on the edge of where the good snow started, so it was a safe bet all season for the most part. We all know last year sucked! Still managed to put on 1500 miles or so on my new pro s switchy that I picked up March 4th. Not too bad considering how late in season I got it and how bad conditions were.

wow man that's so far! ya 1,500 is pretty solid on that time frame. 5 hr drive is my limit. i'm going to spend a ton of time up there this winter, I have a landscape business & have someone covering my plow accounts so I can get plenty of time on the new sled. u ride mostly on or off trail? how many guys in yer crew at the rental house?

Yeah it's a commitment, but it's always a safe bet for good snow. Millinocket was questionable at best a lot last season. Been riding the state of Maine for about 10 years and I just find its worth it for the extra hour and a half drive cuz I look at it like "I'm driving this far, what's a little more?"

I rent the house with one other guy. Usually we have one or two other guys join sometimes.

Mostly ride trail, but do quite a bit of cross country style riding as well. I am very familiar with the upper crown area and sometimes dip off the regular trail and take fields and woods to cross over to other trails vs taking the trail itself.

Yeah I'm thinking about leaving my sled and trailer at my buddy's house in Peru Maine. Kinda makes sense less tolls and better gas mileage for me. Nick count me in for a weekend up in the county

Scott, you're more than welcome to come up whenever. Going to warn ya tho, once you get a taste of The County trails, you won't want to ride anywhere else. Yes, they are that good!

Scott - nick - I'm Jamie friends call me duke (short for last name) let me take this moment to also invite myself up north! sounds awesome :) I've canoed some of the upper allagash but haven't ridden up there...scott if I get this log home in Millinocket locked up I will let ya know, (nicks above riding there :)) the trails are awesome & waaaay less conjested than Jackman or pittsburg...seriously though the place I'm looking at has 3BR & is 2 miles off 95...it could be a good pit stop for ya nick to break up yer 10 hr drive :) seriously though scott ya gotta leave trailer somewhere up there more so for bad weather conditions when yer driving up, doing "mandatory 45 mph" on 95 in 4 inches of snow sucks with a trailer as we all know, also scott check out "sno pro sled deck" or "truck boss" could be a great option for u if yer sketchy about leaving yer new sled up north...i'm considering one, the snow pro one is around $2,600, go solo with no trailer or bring the wife & 2 sleds & no trailer

Why does it take you 10 hours to get up there? I make it from my house in Blackstone to my house in Stockholm in roughly 7-7.5 hours tops. Sometimes can make it in 6.5 if I'm really hauling ass and roads are good. Usually leave at 1am and on trails by 9am.

Don't think Scott has a truck to use a sled deck...wanna say he has an SUV if I recall correctly.

didnt know how long it takes & I was just bustn yer chops....my buddies limit the distance...5 hrs max cause they have work/kids & can only go every other weekend tops...but from the house we might rent I can drive north an hour or two easily...Millinocket is a good hub - lots of options for trails & god forbid there isn't good snow ya can truck up north

Absolutely. Millinocket isnt too far from where I go. It's like 50 miles or so to the Houlton exit and then another hour and a half to my house once off exit. Can be done in 2 hours if hauling ass tho. Can always ride up by sled too...very easy ride by sled.

If any of you guys are up in Conway,NH hit me up. I live in Madison,NH , JUST below North Conway.

Scott - nick - I'm Jamie friends call me duke (short for last name) let me take this moment to also invite myself up north! sounds awesome :) I've canoed some of the upper allagash but haven't ridden up there...scott if I get this log home in Millinocket locked up I will let ya know, (nicks above riding there :)) the trails are awesome & waaaay less conjested than Jackman or pittsburg...seriously though the place I'm looking at has 3BR & is 2 miles off 95...it could be a good pit stop for ya nick to break up yer 10 hr drive :) seriously though scott ya gotta leave trailer somewhere up there more so for bad weather conditions when yer driving up, doing "mandatory 45 mph" on 95 in 4 inches of snow sucks with a trailer as we all know, also scott check out "sno pro sled deck" or "truck boss" could be a great option for u if yer sketchy about leaving yer new sled up north...i'm considering one, the snow pro one is around $2,600, go solo with no trailer or bring the wife & 2 sleds & no trailer

Hey Jamie how's it going? Glad to start meeting some mass sledders. Yeah I'm 90% that gonna leave my sled at my buddy's. I just gotta see how it's gonna be getting in and out of his driveway, and wondering if it'll be buried every time I go up there. I don't have a pick up truck I have a Sequoia, my kids love it and won't let me get a King cab.

chief thanks for reaching out, if I don't get the house in Millinocket i'm getn a sled deck & will be hitn many different spots. my uncles been tryin to get me to his condo in N Conway so I will definitely reach out to ya & hook up! Scott I checked peru area on sled map, tons of trails & small mountains, looks like a solid riding area for sure. how sweet would it be if you could ride right from yer buds property

any of u guys have the GPS upgrade? worth it? must be cool to have....I have a hand held garmin that I never figured out how to use lol

It rocks. All the trails on it. And all the other functions

Sent from Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

chief thanks for reaching out, if I don't get the house in Millinocket i'm getn a sled deck & will be hitn many different spots. my uncles been tryin to get me to his condo in N Conway so I will definitely reach out to ya & hook up! Scott I checked peru area on sled map, tons of trails & small mountains, looks like a solid riding area for sure. how sweet would it be if you could ride right from yer buds property

Back
Top Bottom