• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Multi Pipe Days

Powaton

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Pro S 800
I need a technical/historical lesson to satisfy my curiosity.

I'm browsing Craigslist for fun and see lots old triple triples. Got me thinking, multi pipe setups used to be the ticket to big HP, even on twins.

Today we get all the power with single pipe setups. What changed? Pipe science and knowledge just got better?

I have made many more that i would like for twins and tripples in past and in the mid 90s I did some comparisons with factory sets of twin pipes and single pipe on twin polaris 600s and 800s and for Drag racing the twins on the mid 90s and 2000s did make more power and they were very rpm selective and not broad power range so not great for riding where you were in and out of the throttle like we have to be to ride in the backcountry. So. I think the manufacturers like SLP and others were up front and told those dealers or customers these facts.
gtwitch in wyoming

Back
Top Bottom