• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

MY 17 AXYS 800 H.O. Issues

I think what he means is that it isn't what it should be and that tightening their tolerances for example would cost them more money. Same reason they use cheap fasteners, shitty bearings, etc.

Let's
Dave?
Do you think Polaris doesn't have any qc? I agree on the cost.

Do they just take the word of the manufactures that make their parts for them?
Let's put it this way. There's room for improvement.

Let's

Let's put it this way. There's room for improvement.

I agree . All these recalls costing millions is biting them in the ass now.
Every manufacturer is like this though.Dont matter if it's sleds, atv's,cars, etc. Same terminology applied everywhere. Build as cheep as you can for the highest profit and make them buy new every 3-5 years

I stated this elsewhere, and I think others have the same thoughts. I wonder if all these recalls and their cost, had a little to do with shutting down Victory?

I'm sure it is part of the reason. That being said, if shutting down Victory is helping them out financially then I would assume that Victory wasn't making any money and was in fact costing them money. Also now that Victory is out of the picture, they have more resources to use for Indian.

The major reason for the victory shut down is all the victory motors did not meet the emission standards that are taking effect. They would have had to redesign every model.

Some info i find interesting are the changes they have made to the 800HO over its run so far
In 2016 they changed the bearing cage on the crank from metal to plastic.
In 2017 they added a slot in the piston to keep the wrist pin c-clip from spinning.
In 2018 they changed the bottom piston ring thickness from 1.4mm to 1.8mm thick. They also added a check valve in 2018 for the oiling of the waterpump sprocket on the crank, this allows the gear to sit in some oil, and when the check valve closes the extra oil will be bled off to the other ports.
Also new larger thermostat with lower temp. So different head, lines and everything.

The bearing cage was changed because of heat and led to some failures of bearing

So far as you mentioned Cory. Those are all great improvements. They sneak it in as all others do as well .

Exhaust probe not having bullet connectors anymore so guys like me can't screw with them. The ecu is programmed not to like resistors anyways

I'm sure that won't stop you from cutting the probe wire and using your own connector.SmileyFaces7

I'm sure that won't stop you from cutting the probe wire and using your own connector.SmileyFaces7

Lol

It's almost impossible to alter exhaust correction because of ecu and NTC thermistor type probe. There's still ways O O

The major reason for the victory shut down is all the victory motors did not meet the emission standards that are taking effect. They would have had to redesign every model.

Some info i find interesting are the changes they have made to the 800HO over its run so far
In 2016 they changed the bearing cage on the crank from metal to plastic.
In 2017 they added a slot in the piston to keep the wrist pin c-clip from spinning.
In 2018 they changed the bottom piston ring thickness from 1.4mm to 1.8mm thick. They also added a check valve in 2018 for the oiling of the waterpump sprocket on the crank, this allows the gear to sit in some oil, and when the check valve closes the extra oil will be bled off to the other ports.
Also new larger thermostat with lower temp. So different head, lines and everything.

These are all things I posted on HCS after the dealer show. It's nice to see these little improvements.

The bearing cage being changed to plastic was due to the metal cage failing from fatigue, ironically the only crank we've had fail was on a 16 with the plastic cage. The ring thickness was changed because of a manufacturing issue. Supposedly the manufacture had a hard time with the coating on the 1.4mm thick rings. The coating would flake off. They didn't have an issue with the 1.8mm thick ring so now the top and bottom ring are the same thickness.

Hi. I have a ‘20 Polaris XC 800 137. I just picked it up a month ago. It was a demo sled and only had 600miles on it. I recently reached 1000 and it started giving me EV codes so I took it to the dealer and it spent a week there with them trying to figure it out. They had a hell of a time getting the EV’s to relearn and even once they did it started throwing codes almost immediately. I took it for a drive and it ran great. I shit it down, restarted and more codes. Now I can’t even take it for a ride cause I’m getting continuous codes. It feels like to me it would be the ECU. Have u heard if any issues with them?

Hi. I have a ‘20 Polaris XC 800 137. I just picked it up a month ago. It was a demo sled and only had 600miles on it. I recently reached 1000 and it started giving me EV codes so I took it to the dealer and it spent a week there with them trying to figure it out. They had a hell of a time getting the EV’s to relearn and even once they did it started throwing codes almost immediately. I took it for a drive and it ran great. I shit it down, restarted and more codes. Now I can’t even take it for a ride cause I’m getting continuous codes. It feels like to me it would be the ECU. Have u heard if any issues with them?
Or the servo motor or cable.

17s and any 16 that had the reflash done are all way to lean at cold start up, start sled at 30 degrees, shortly after it will stall from being to lean, restart and will be fine threw warm up.
I have a 16 pro s and will stall because of being lean every time can i get it re flashed to richen the circuit up? Also bad hesitation at 4000 rpm

I have a 16 pro s and will stall because of being lean every time can i get it re flashed to richen the circuit up? Also bad hesitation at 4000 rpm
I have the same exact issue I just bought the yellow injectors and will be installing them Friday and i will let you know if it works, I have done everything else other than rebuild the motor. I have red injectors I'm putting the yellow in because that's all they sell now. Also getting a re flash

I have the same exact issue I just bought the yellow injectors and will be installing them Friday and i will let you know if it works, I have done everything else other than rebuild the motor. I have red injectors I'm putting the yellow in because that's all they sell now. Also getting a re flash

So the yellow injectors fixed all issues, a lot of wasted money and time to figure it out. The injectors I took out were red.

Get new injectors, its only going to get worse

Cable was good. Servo motor moves freely but gets a bad signal from somewhere.
For Rusty Krys and other future reads of this thread. Had EV cable that was not broken, I cleaned valves to a shine, by hand the cable completely moved in and out fully smoothly while still on the snowmobile, visually watched cable move and servo motor change, ..... buuuuuuuuuut.... tried to do a relearn and it would fail the relearn. However, removed cable from machine and you could feel a difference in how it slid in and out compared to when it was on the machine. We rationalized that it seemed to move smoothly by hand while on the machine because there is tension from the servo and with the tension resistance it made it feel like movement by hand was smoother compared to moving it when off the machine (confusing read eh? read a couple of times). Changed cable, did relearn, and it addressed the probelm. So, if a cable has what I would refer to as some "sticky" issues it might cause poor performance. However, odly I did not get any codes. So may not be helpful to Rusty Krys.

Back
Top Bottom