• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

NEED TECH HELP!!! Pulling my hair out...

Jared pro x

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2015 axys Pro X
Question... I have a 2015 Pro x rush 800 1.75" I never ran it stock I just bought it with 2000 miles on it and did the following... slp stage 2 kit ( 71g mtx weights with 2g tip 2g heel ) pipe and muffler with resistor, Stage 2 springs, New engine mounts ( Heard they were an issue ), slp torque arm, air box mod ( slp ), New polaris belt. Sled had 22-40 gearing before I bought it. Sled would only pull 7950-8100rpm, seemed to fall off pretty good at around 80mph. pulled like crazy 0-70! marked the clutch and was using all of it. Pulled 2 grams out of the tip for more rpm pulled 8200 then added 23t top gear for 1.74. Picked up some mid pull and a bit more mph. Seemed to still not pull real hard much over 85. Found running 3/4-full throttle was no change in performance.. Had polaris set TPS, calibrate exhaust valves. TPS was out.. the 3/4 to full throttle issue is now gone and more linear but still no more rpm. Thought to myself lets try stock 66 weights. Should scream... NOPE! 7900rpm!! it dropped! ok lets put the stock spring in with those weights then... Nope even lower 7800rpm... Put the MTX 71 with 2 gram in the heel back in.... 8200rpm was back again.. Any ideas why its not pulling 8450 like slp says it should? Raced a geared 1200 skidoo and pulled it 0-70 and it went by at 85. Just feel something is wrong. I know they arent a lake racer but feel it should have more on top with the extra hp from pipe and the taller legs from the gearing. Tempted to put it back to 100% stock and see if its way down on rpm?? ANY HELP!!

You have a 1.75” lug track. I’d go no lower then 1.80 ratio

I don’t know you’re springs but I’m guessing from slp there heavy. The mtx weights are a flat profile and will rev to the moon and go nowhere. Not made for top end flatland sleds. Mtx are for mountain sleds to keep rpm high in higher elevations and deep snow.

I think you probably have nonaggressive profile weights with to much spring. Plus the added fuel with resistor. Change this first.

Pull out resistor and put good premium fuel in and on premium setting.

Put a Polaris 120/310 spring in with 68 gram 10 series profile. Put a non aggressive cam in with a 140/220 Polaris spring. Try this ?

I had 1.80 gearing in it. I am concerned with the rpm. Herr is stage 2 clutching
Primary 160-340
Secondary 140-220
Stock helix

Again only pulling 8200rpm. Sled accelerated well and used the whole clutch with 1.80. 22-40 gearing. Just don’t get how stock springs and weights was only pulling 7850. Makes me think hp issue? Slp says it should spin 8400 to make the power with that pipe.

Are you in southern Ontario? I’m hesitant to pull the resistor and lean it out. I suppose it has det safety so should be safe.

Last edited:
The 160/340 spring is ridiculous to me. I like anything from 100-maybe 140 start at most . And 310, maybe 320 finish. So, a 110/290, 100/305,120/300,120/310. Etc..
in other words, if you can’t pull weight with a 120/310 spring, take some out. Don’t add a heavier spring for more resistance. Just my way of clutching .

Like I said, the mtx weights are a flatter profile then 10 series , so it will rev but go nowhere mostly. There made for the mountain to keep revs up in deep snow and high elevation.

The resistor is 860 ohm and fools ecu to think it’s 860 degrees before it it hits 860 f , then after that ecu takes over. It dumps a little fuel in map. Take it out as it won’t hurt as we’ve seen on digital wrench and Dyno afr readings. The slp pipe doesn’t need resistor. If it does det. Then it’s probably you’re fuel and put in ethanol mode.

I’d buy Dalton Adjustables if you’re in Ontario. Way better and easier. Get a dalton 100/305 spring while you’re at it. (Great spring) try around 67 grams at first. 60% of weight in heel and 40% in tip. Stock helix with that 140/220.

Gates belt with 0.015” clearance

Pull up fts from stock by an 1/8” (less bend in track up front)and let track hang 1/2” after warmed up on stand.

Chain tension. So you can move secondary a 1/4” total (so 1/8” one way ,1/8” other) back and forth with brake applied .

You have a 1.75” lug track that needs 1.81 ratio . I really don’t know how fast you wanna go with this set up?? I’m just trying to give info that should help you get 8400.

Thanks a bunch. I’ll order up that stuff and do that setup. I’m not looking for more than 105ish just want to get their in a hurry. I’ve shortened my front shocks 3/4” plus revalved by Frank at shocktech. put in a S sway bar and I love it. Just want my rpm for the power. Not looking for a lake sled. Have a charged apex for that. Just thought slp did their homework and was confused by the result. The fact the stock primary clutch weights and spring was only pulling 7850 really confused me. Thanks again Brock!

Ok update... tried a few setup changes as asked. Pulled resistor, run fresh 91 shell non eth on that tune. Pulls 8150 initial then climbs to 8250-8350. This is with 1.74 gearing still. Ran 100 on gauge 93.8 gps on hilly straight trail ( not ideal) clutched and set up 06 apex attack ran 100 gps on same place same pull ( Not the supercharged one ). axys pulled harder up to 70 for sure. Feeling better. Is the gearing causing the initial lower rpm then climb to peak? Or would the daulton weights and springs suggested help that. I added a pic of clutch mark to show him much the belt is rising

Attachments

• 03111E5B-A757-4DA6-B5E9-C774263E443F.jpeg
    03111E5B-A757-4DA6-B5E9-C774263E443F.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:
I’m offering my opinion, just so you know. Doesn’t mean I’m 100% correct.

I would gear to 1.81 ratio vs 1.73 with you’re track lug height to get you the 8400 you’re looking for?
You’re almost there . Div20
The belt is not reaching the top of primary by picture shown. At least 5-10 mph there.

I don’t know you’re current set up that made it better? But I’m glad you’re going in the right direction. Looks like tip weight and a lower finish secondary spring might force belt up top along with 1.81 ratio

For 20 bucks at my dealer when you change your gear plugs it into the computer he says it's a must do not to mess things up speedo is bang on my Max was 100 on sled gps 102 1.73 gear 38/22 68 chain

Back
Top Bottom