• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

New 800 engine

Mayb800LE

Hi guys I was just wondering how you guys like the new(ish) 800 engine. I had 2013 800 rush but do not have it anymore and thinking of getting 800 LE. What is the rpm fading issue and how common Is it. Been out of Polaris for a year now and not sure what I'm doing this year yet.

I have a few buddies with 2015 axys.The engine is stronger then previous years. They have no rpm fade issue.

Yes but the fraction you hear about on the internet is nothing compared to the amount of sleds out there.

I love my new Axys 800 HO motor! It rips!! I only got 2040 miles on it this year, but without one problem! So I guess that's a good thing!!

They are working on a new helix, so that after around 1000 miles your not losing some rpm's. But mine lost around 200 rpm's and I put a clutch kit in it and it's been perfect since. But little miles to really tell. This winter sucked!

They are working on a new helix, so that after around 1000 miles your not losing some rpm's. But mine lost around 200 rpm's and I put a clutch kit in it and it's been perfect since. But little miles to really tell. This winter sucked!
How is the new helix supposed to stop the engine from losing rpm?
Which clutch kit?

The new 800 ho has the power. Mid 150 hp that's comparable to doo and cat's.
Best rolling chassis in the bizz( gets the hp to the ground)

If you clutch and gear these properly, there monsters with great torque.

A plus - axys is the funniest chassis out there by far

Full Power i think it is has a helix. i have a SLP clutch kit in mine. i think im going to change it out next year though. There was something going on with the helix or the primary spring. Im no clutch guy!!! I know suspension and how to break shit and thats it...lol...

Full Power i think it is has a helix. i have a SLP clutch kit in mine. i think im going to change it out next year though. There was something going on with the helix or the primary spring. Im no clutch guy!!! I know suspension and how to break shit and thats it...lol...
The problem is most don't have proper clutch alignment and lose hp due to heat/belt residue/primary and secondary not in sync.

So much is left to be had with a really good clutch kit and gearing.

The 1.7 ratios work really well in switchback and shorty for fast trail.
Add weight for belt squeeze and lower clutch temps.

Fade yes that's what they call it. My buddy has it and he has bust'n but trying find the issue. Good news Polaris has some rep's out east looking at a few of these sleds right now. My bet it will be a win for all of us when they find it.

Fade yes that's what they call it. My buddy has it and he has bust'n but trying find the issue. Good news Polaris has some rep's out east looking at a few of these sleds right now. My bet it will be a win for all of us when they find it.
I'm working on it now on the dyno and have found a lot of information.

I'm going to add, check ohms , continuity and voltage in all components to make sure there in spec.

Last edited:
I'm working on it now on the dyno and have found a lot of information.

I will tell you this, it's 3 thing's
-cvt system
-valves and everything controlling them
-ecu
That's great news Brock.. Check the motor mounts also some reports coming in that the soft rubber is wearing out. Big Fuse seems to have found a good clutch set up I'll be using next season. Beer cheers.. Badger

That's great news Brock.. Check the motor mounts also some reports coming in that the soft rubber is wearing out. Big Fuse seems to have found a good clutch set up I'll be using next season. Beer cheers.. Badger

Hahahaha, bigfuse is my longtime friend,lol

Motor mounts are an easy fix,........................just grab the primary with both hands and try and move engine rearward and inspect

Back
Top Bottom