• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

New 800 engine

Badger, you could probably help me with my clutching too. But kind of hard to test on dirt...lol...
Hey I got tell it like it is their are much better than me out there. To many years on the Apex and it wont be long before guys like Fastsledder patrioticinnovations Big Fuse Race Dave these are the clutching guys, Badger I'm not even in the same class anymore.

lol...well I'm lost sometimes when it comes to clutching. I know I can get more out of mine! I just need so info!
I can help, or try to.

Elevation, weight and your goal

Reports are coming in on HCS Polaris has found the fade issue and the fix recall is on the way. FS reported it this morning his nephew is a Polaris rep.

Quote:

Don't shoot the messenger.

I was told (second hand) that they have a fix figured out, 3 separate issues, and that they have a bulletin coming out shortly.
dunno.gif

don't believe everything that's said on HCS , a lot of smoke blowing going on over there !!!!

Reports are coming in on HCS Polaris has found the fade issue and the fix recall is on the way. FS reported it this morning his nephew is a Polaris rep.

Quote:

Don't shoot the messenger.

I was told (second hand) that they have a fix figured out, 3 separate issues, and that they have a bulletin coming out shortly.
dunno.gif

Don't believe everything you read on some forums.

I'm getting some figured out on dyno and digital wrench to back up my findings.
No speculation here my friend.

Last edited:
I put on just over 2000 flawless miles on mine.....but on the last day, of the last trip in the last 4-5 miles back to my buddy's cabin mine would only hit 8-8100rpm ?? didn't sound the same either??? I dunno now as that was my last ride of the year. Absolutely Loved the sled - and it's my first Polaris. Very happy and i know the sled will be just fine for me for years , i have faith!

The problem with rpm fade or loss is

CVT system

Valves and everything that controls them

ECU reading everything and if something is out of range of the parameters, it will act up.............eg: TPS setting needs to be within it's Parameters or it will act up and make you think other problems are happening.

Base setting: (with idle screw backed right off), needs to be .690 to .701 volts

WOT setting: 4.38 to 4.39 volts

Idle setting: .903 to .913 volts

If not within these spec's, your sled will act up big time and make you chase your tail that other things are going on. Some of the symptoms of TPS being out of range is erratic idle, fouled plugs, never reaching optimum RPM,using more fuel.......etc.....

Last edited:
True, but I don't miss chokes, cold blooded engines, rejetting when temps and elevations change, stuck floats, plugged pilot jets, fuel shut offs, cleaning carbs every year...etc

I have 3408 miles on my switchback 800, with the original belt. Won some races too!!!!
Only problems---
1 motor mount.
fuel sock plugged up at 3400 miles.
Orange wire into ecu.

I LOVE it!!!

I have 3408 miles on my switchback 800, with the original belt. Won some races too!!!!
Only problems---
1 motor mount.
fuel sock plugged up at 3400 miles.
Orange wire into ecu.

I LOVE it!!!

I only have 2040 miles, and I changed my belt only cause of a 300 rpm loss. Now it's clutched so no rpm loss and still using my original belt again. So I broke my spare in. Otherwise no problems. Love my Pro X SB it's awesome! And I have won most races, only lost to two Viper Turbo's. One bad, after SLP stage two kit lost only by one sled. So I'm happy with that. I'll just do some fine tuning on the clutches and lose some dam weight...lol... I'm 250 dressed, my buddy on his turbo Viper is 190 pounds. So I'm really happy with the performance out of this new 800 motor! With a little help...

Any updates on Polaris's fade fix/recall?
Polaris just issued a bulletin not long ago. I don't suspect anything new as of yet.
it's called rpm loss / rpm drop. Fade is an internet chatter term that has a lot of people speculating and assuming. We(psp) want to be sticking with a fact based site to help and discuss anything.

Any updates on Polaris's fade fix/recall?

Ya I'm not saying there is any problem. I went from two different snow conditions too. I was just trying to see. Now that I got my SLP clutch kit it's where I want the rpm's to be. I just have to tinker...lol...

I was also thinking about a different helix as well.

Back
Top Bottom