• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

New 800 Polaris for 2016

I'm a switchback guy now. It has better top speeds then the shorty in the shoot outs.

If your 225 lbs +. The s version is a little soft. The x version would be better for guys that weigh 230lbs and up I'm my opinion. I got a pro s switchback and I'm 226 lbs with gear on and sometimes the springs are a little soft in the big hits. I'm valving my fts and rear to pro x specs and the springs for this coming season.

What ever you decide, the axys chassis is the best out there for fun, confidence and railing the corners period!!

I am leaning towards the switchback , I didn't get out much this past season, 2014- 2015 is the first season in 30 years I didn't purchase a new Polaris sled looking forward to a new one

I really like the switchback :)

Switchy. IMO. Ridden both extensively and hands down prefer the switch. The shorty is nice but the switch is a lil more planted, stable , and very predictable. The larger footprint makes it a lil more capable all with maintaining a huge fun factor. The switch almost feels like it corrects itself with minimum input. And I often even forget it's a 137. I have no problem banging with the short tracks in the twisties and eats up the bumps. I agree with above post unless they changed something the X is better for heavier guys. Unless you were gonna tweak the S shocks and springs for specific rider.

I couldn't agree more ... especially the weight comments Brock makes. I had the Anniversary Edition 800 Pro-S last year, and although I loved the sled the Pro-S was way too soft for me (I go close to 280 geared up). Had I kept it, I would be sending my shocks out for a revalve and the 150# rate springs that are on the Pro-X. But since I sold it, I have snowchecked a 2016 Pro-X Switcher ... and cannot wait!
That's exactly what I'm doing.
revalving to pro x specs and the pro x springs. I'm 225 lbs with gear on and I'm borderline being to heavy for the soft pro s springs.
I'm leaving my ifs shocks alone as they work good. Just the fts and rear revalve.

Can't beat a switch for confidence,railing corners and wheeling if u want too.

Axys is the finest chassis out there in my opinion. Even though I had to sort some issues out. It's still a good sled.

Does the Pro X hit hard when riding at cruising speeds and that big bump sneaks up on you

Pro s is perfect for me I'm 180lbs,I don't have any issues railing around corners,and the pro s corners super flat,I rode a pro x switchback and I liked that too but I prefer my shorty pro s,each guy has his own opinion,either way your gonna love it

Does the Pro X hit hard when riding at cruising speeds and that big bump sneaks up on you
No. One of the reasons I love it. On ALL my previous sleds with stock suspension I would have to ride just a hair nervous saying for that hard hit or big off camber bump that would either slam the sled or send it out it into the cheap seats. With the X I really don't worry about it I'm confident that it will take pretty much any hit , g roller, or big off camber I run into. Does that mean it's infailable of course not. When I first started riding it I'd come up on a hit like your talking about squeeze the grips and prepare to get slammed, but it didn't come after a couple hundred miles of thinking ohhh shit I finally was able to relax and just let the sled do the work as I gained confidence in it. I'm a very happy with the X. Which doesn't mean the S isn't a great sled I just prefer the capability of the X

According to the Polaris online parts fich the Pro S frt track spring is 95 # and the Pro X is 150# . The rear Pro S is 120# and Pro X rear is 150 #.

I bought the Pro X rear track shock spring for my S last year and never installed it.

Last edited:
Talked to a buddy of mine yesterday who works at FXR. FXR has a Pro X in their fleet with the Z Bros front end and the Pro S sway bar. He says that it rails corners and that nothing can touch it in the rough. Also being a motocross rider doesn't hurt either. :)

I'm 250 dressed and I have a Pro X SB and I have seen 107 MPh on the speedo, since I did the SLP stage 2 I haven't had the chance to get a long pull to see if I improved top speed, but it seems to pull harder and feels a lot snappier. Can't wait to get the clutching perfect!

Tim's sled runs great,after riding his sw pro x it convinced me to sell my turbo viper rtx le and buy another Polaris,thanks a lot Tim lol

I went 230+ dressed last year.
I'm a switchback guy now. It has better top speeds then the shorty in the shoot outs.

If your 225 lbs +. The s version is a little soft. The x version would be better for guys that weigh 230lbs and up I'm my opinion. I got a pro s switchback and I'm 226 lbs with gear on and sometimes the springs are a little soft in the big hits. I'm valving my fts and rear to pro x specs and the springs for this coming season.

What ever you decide, the axys chassis is the best out there for fun, confidence and railing the corners period!!

I disagree. I go 230+ dressed and love my Switchback S. I even had the shock valving softened. It really is a personal preference. I would think a Pro X would be too stiff, For Me. Also, I work on sleds, and have too many customers order too stiff of sleds.
I will be working with Pro X this next winter, so maybe I'll change my tune.

I'm 250 dressed and I think my Pro X SB is perfect. Soft when I want and stiff when I need it to be, so yes totally personal preference! Even my wife at 120 pounds doesn't think my X is stiff, but she isn't riding hard either.

I disagree. I go 230+ dressed and love my Switchback S. I even had the shock valving softened. It really is a personal preference. I would think a Pro X would be too stiff, For Me. Also, I work on sleds, and have too many customers order too stiff of sleds.
I'm glad the S version is working for you.

My personal switch axys 800 with my weight(225lbs.)is just a little to soft for my liking. FTS and rear bottom a little to easily. I'm not complaining, just want it vavled a little better to my riding style.
I'm putting the stiffer springs on fts and rear and getting all four shocks revavled to my riding style.

Div20

Back
Top Bottom