• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

New 800 Polaris for 2016

Hey Brock, would you rather have the X or just revalve your S?
I've ridden them both extensively. I like the S version and the x. Both have pro's n con's. I would actually like something in the of both versions. Just my preference.
I'm just getting my fts and rear shocks redone to s specs, but x springs. I'm gonna try that. I'm not gonna toss to much money in it as I'm dealing it for the 2017 model anyway.

I'm glad the S version is working for you.

My personal switch axys 800 with my weight(225lbs.)is just a little to soft for my liking. FTS and rear bottom a little to easily. I'm not complaining, just want it vavled a little better to my riding style.
I'm putting the stiffer springs on fts and rear and getting all four shocks revavled to my riding style.

I find it interesting that I didn't have any bottoming out problems, in fact My suspension was too stiff. I had the shocks revalved by Fett Bros. I ride pretty damn hard. Wondering if the shock specs are that loose?

I find it interesting that I didn't have any bottoming out problems, in fact My suspension was too stiff. I had the shocks revalved by Fett Bros. I ride pretty damn hard. Wondering if the shock specs are that loose?
Probably.
Polaris probably has a 15% tolerance on shocks too.
I'm taking my shocks in to get cleaned,inspect, change oil and recharge with nitrogen(gas) anyways.
New heavier springs on fts and rear only and try.

Probably.
Polaris probably has a 15% tolerance on shocks too.
I'm taking my shocks in to get cleaned,inspect, change oil and recharge with nitrogen(gas) anyways.
New heavier springs on fts and rear only and try.

I find that weird too, my wife has a Pro S SB, and goes maybe 125 dressed. I lowered her pre load maybe a 1/4 inch. So that I could get it set up for her, with the clickers being right in the middle or set at 8 clicks from soft to hard. Did very little with her fts and small adjustments to the pre load and clickers to the back shock. Now when riding hard (for her) it's set up great, she loves it. But she says in some of the bigger 2-4 foot moguls she was bottoming out in the front. Trail riding and everything else she said was pretty close to perfect for her. She will loosen up the front clickers when the trail becomes beat up and the chatter bumps start. So either the shocks are some what different from sled to sled or she rides pretty hard. She does ride great and can keep up really good!

I have a Pro X SB. I was setting my pre load. Set them with in the spec's and went riding and my spring fell out of the coupler on the bottom of the shock on one side. So I got it home adjusted back to stock and checked and one spring was way looser than the other. So I brought it in to my dealer and got a new shock and spring. There was damage done to both. And now they are equal. I found that kind of weird too. It was almost a 1/4 of an inch different from one spring to the other. Now it set up perfect and I love the Pro X SB!! But I'm also heavy and ride pretty hard and love to jump and hit the moguls! Off trail and drifts as well. Trail riding is pretty good, I put the Pro S sway bar in my X and that really settles it down and I have little to no inside ski lift and can haul through the trails while having the big bump, jump capabilities without bottoming or any harsh landings.

Back
Top Bottom