• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

New guy

Sleepnfast

Just snowchecked a '17 rush XCR 800 . I am looking for some advice and tuning suggestions. Pipe mod/ pipe , clutching , mapping etc .... This is my first Polaris in 26 years so feel free to dumb things down a bit for me . I've been a loyal Yamaha guy but gave up waiting for them to use a twostroke again .

Welcome my friend Div20

I would ride it stock for at least 400 miles to break things in and add mods later.Div20

A lot of guys on here will help you. Including me.

And if for some reason you are in a time crunch next December I would help a new member out and put those 400 miles on it for you!Sled2

The regular rush with ripsaw track come geared to high at 1.61 ratio. And a lot of guys switch to 1.74 and it makes them a lot faster.

But The XCR comes with 1.68 gearing on the cobra track. My 16 LE rush has that track and gearing and Im a huge fan of that gearing and I wouldn't change it. But if you do want to you don't have to change chain or top gear just change the bottom 37 tooth to a 38 tooth and it will be 1.74. 38T Venum team part number 930266. Don't forget to get computer reprogrammed after gearing so your speedo and odometer are correct.

I bought a SSI clutch package and it is aggressive and I like it. Look in one of the other recent threads brock posted his clutching setup and will save you money if you don't want to pay the "kit" fee

That's exactly the type of info I wanted thanks! Is there any inside info as to weather or not the 17's will be running the same pipe and mapping? Should a guy count on a pipe mod ?

I have the SSI pipe mod and PCV with timing and it DETs at different rpms some times and I'm hearing lots of people with same problems. I have tried all kinds of different maps still does it. I wouldn't do it again people seem to be having better luck with the Bikeman pipe.

I also think I would get the bullydog not PCV. Pcv are not advanced enough for these motors they do not read the right throttle position the same as the ecu due to analog/digital conversion issues so not really getting the right map Also the ecu has steady throttle lean mapping which can't be changed using pcv. When you hold constant throttle a while the ecu leans out fuel I think for emissions

Last edited:
Bikeman told me the bully dog won't void a a warranty either. They said they had dealers call them and they said they couldn't see that the ecu was reflashed for the bully dog then put back to stock

But it does show the ecm was reflashed. If Polaris engineering looked they might see something a dealer can't

Last edited:
Only way polaris would find out is if your actual ecu was bad and had to send it in otherwise they wouldn't know if you modded your sled. I'd your dealer is cool they will let you throw whatever mods on. Just turn it back to stock so thru can take pictures for warranty claim

The ecm being checked by/going back to Polaris is what I was referring to

I WOULD TAKE BROCKS ADVICE,RIDE IT FOR A FEW HUNDRED MILES FIRST. CLUTCHING AND GEARING WOULD BE THE LEAST EXSPENSIVE ADD-ON,WITH BIG GAINS. I WOULD WAIT ON ANYTHING ELSE UNTIL WE ALL FIGURE OUT WHAT POLARIS IS DOING WITH THE FUEL MAPPING ON THE 17.UNLESS YOU LIKE TO TINKER,THEN HAVE AT IT AND LET EVERYONE HERE KNOW WHAT YOU FIND.

Tuning things to death has always been my biggest problem / adiction but there's something about that one time slip or one pass when you get the perfect recipe that keeps a guy from " just leave it alone "

Also when I asked the dealer about altering the mapping he said that for major engine warranty the ecu gets shipped to Polaris now . Not sureif this has always been the case ???

Tuning things to death has always been my biggest problem / adiction but there's something about that one time slip or one pass when you get the perfect recipe that keeps a guy from " just leave it alone "
got my first time slip in 1990 and i haven't stopped,lolRofl

Back
Top Bottom