• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

New IDD Update includes "Clutching" (Playback/Record)

Rob in Ottawa

I just installed the Aug 13 update and the new firmware has a new option called clutching, It is a variation on the record/playback function tracking MPH/ RPM and % (which I think is throttle position)

EDIT: Content found so far in this update:
  • "Clutching" Record/Playback
  • "Course Up" adjusts the map not the sled
  • New Display screen choice
  • Max MPH recall
  • Avg MPH recall
  • Trip hours
  • Eng. hours
  • Auto screen brightness

Last edited:
The record/playback would be f'n great. Got a link?

The latest thing I seen was dated Aug 4. I seen nothing that said clutching. That was USA version.

I never saw anything mentioned anywhere, I just downloaded the latest full package and installed it. then noticed under system settings/vehicle settings there was a new option clutching. undocumented feature I guess.

I'll have to look into it further. Heading to the local Italian Fest and tomorrow is a St Louis Cardinals game in St Louis. Maybe monday.

I just did the 2015-08-04 Snow Trail update. It also has changed in the GPS screen. You can select North Up or Course Up.
In the Main display there is a 4th style screen view. Average MPH & Max MPH.
20150815_173350 (Medium).jpg 20150815_174334 (Medium).jpg 20150815_174220 (Medium).jpg 20150815_174230 (Medium).jpg 20150815_174001 (Medium).jpg 20150815_173954 (Medium).jpg 20150815_174324 (Medium).jpg

Does it show max rpm?
I didn't notice if it did. I'll have to check for that. I did look to see if there was a new IDD manual on the Polaris site. The only one is the one we had last year. I looked at the 2016 owners manual and it directs you to the download in 2015 (last years IDD manual) So from what I can see there is no documentation on the changes.

Just checked for Max RPM, nothing. Did notice that it shows Trip Hours now also. The new screen the mileage and trip numbers are larger and easier to see. Map RPM would be nice.

I just sent an email to RiderX support and asked for it!

Last edited:
I just installed the Aug 13 update and the new firmware has a new option called clutching, It is a variation on the record/playback function tracking MPH/ RPM and % (which I think is throttle position)

Rob where did you see the part about "Clutching" ?

This is awesome for clutching.
Tells you your throttle % ,rpm and mph.
This will help with the loss of rpm some people are talking about.:cool:

This is bad ass!! Just another industry first from polaris!!! Can't wait to get my 16'. Should already be loaded in the new ones I would think right?? Is there some sort of manual that gives instructions to this bad boy?? Yaa yaa I said it... Flame away.... lol

seeing as the mph is taken off the jackshaft mounted brake disc it could be done.

Back
Top Bottom