• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

New mods made any suggestions

Barney66

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2015 Rush 800 Pro-S
2015 Polaris Rush 800 Pro S

Studded 120” 1.25 Ripsaw

210lbs w/ gear

Mods made today

1.73 gear ratio: 23T top gear and 40T bottom, replace p68 chain with p70.

Primary Upgrades:

120/310 Blk spring, part# 7043681

10 series Dalton QAP3 set @ Tip : 1/2 inch=1.9 grams

Heel : 5/8 inch =2.5 grams

Secondary Upgrades:

48-44 full progressive Helix

140/200 spring

Delrin spacer washers 3ea.

Clutch alignment specs

.100-.125 backfloat secondary

.125-.100 front

Gates Belt:

#46C4387

We just got our first two feet of fresh snow fall and headed out to ride tomorrow. Note the new Dalton QAP3’s installed and with all the fluff I came up with weight setup. Feels good but still feels like I could pull little harder. Anyone running these weights can give me a few suggestions or tips. Thanks.

Curious
How did you find the setup prior to modding?

I have liked the sled since day one. Only reason I started to do mods is the springs had over 3500 miles on them so I figure it’s time this season to replace things prior to them breaking. I felt a loss in rpms and everything else checked out fine. Plus I’ve always played around with sleds all my life and who doesn’t want to make one pull like a freight train, lol

I was thinking of PC but I’m going to try they timing advance key method first as it’s way cheaper. Rode 100 miles yesterday and sled runs good. Thru out the day I played with different weight combos and hopefully I figured out the way the weight reacts to the clutching. First snowfall of the year so kinda hard to get true data, but gets me close.

Back
Top Bottom