• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

New owner of a 2003 frontier touring 800

Georg Caroll

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2003 Polaris frontier touring 800
Good morning everyone I'm new to the Forum as I just purchased a 2003 Frontier touring 800. Apparently this runs on the edge platform. Since purchasing it I have read everything I could possibly find online and in the manual and I recently bought the service manual to become educated. The snowmobile has 700 miles on it and I'm the third owner I believe. I have a question concerning the oil light. The engine starts and runs well but when I turn it off the oil light comes on for 5 to 10 seconds and one time I saw the check engine light came on as well momentarily. I'm planning on changing all the fluids and plugs and lubing everthing as part of my maintenance before the season however the oil level is appropriate and the oil looks brand new. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be going on with this oil and check engine light?

Also I would be very interested if anybody has any input on this sled and /or recommendations on things I should be aware of or provide maintenance to before I take it out for the first time and find out I have a problem. Any inspection tips or anything would be very much appreciated thank you all and I hope I can contribute to the Forum in the future.

Back
Top Bottom