• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

New to Polaris

slednek07

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2018 switchback xcr 800, 2009 ski doo mxzx 550f (wifes sled), 1980 JD Liquifire, 1983 JD Sprintfire
I just bought a new 18 SB XCR 800, I've always had Ski Doo's until now, I'm really happy with it so far, I've only gotten to ride it once but we put on 178 miles that day. I"ve read some of Brocks posts about tricks to do to a stock machine, as far as clutching goes, what should I do to it to get a little more top speed out of it? It's awesome til about 90, then it kind of drops off and my friends 850 will get around me and keep going. Thanks!

I have try some recommandation of brock on mine! Switch 800 pro-s, and it work's very good! 10-15 km/h more top end and better mid punch,
try 10-68 weight in the primary ( or ajustable set to 69 with a lot on tips )
120-310 primary spring
1.73-74 ratio
begin with this to see if you like where it goes!

-i have all above with 50-44Fp cam and a 200 finish spring rear

it pull veryyyy hard to 102-103 mph (top speed 104-106)

What’s your wide open RPMs? Keep them at 8300 mac
Gearing to a 1:71-1:74 ratio will help pull harder.
Make sure your belt tension is set properly as that can make a big difference in speed.
Brock had a lot of helpful info for clutchung these sleds so seems you already read his posts.

I guess I don't know for sure what the wide open RPM is, I didn't pay attention and we haven't had enough snow here to ride again. I read alot of the posts about MY15-17 sleds, I just wasn't sure if mine was exactly the same or if there were small differences. Thanks for the info and help, I've been doing the snow dance for weeks now.....

I just bought a new 18 SB XCR 800, I've always had Ski Doo's until now, I'm really happy with it so far, I've only gotten to ride it once but we put on 178 miles that day. I"ve read some of Brocks posts about tricks to do to a stock machine, as far as clutching goes, what should I do to it to get a little more top speed out of it? It's awesome til about 90, then it kind of drops off and my friends 850 will get around me and keep going. Thanks!

Welcome to the site!!

:) Thanks!

Another dumb question: I have all the tools for diassembling ski doos TRA clutch system, what different ones will I need to do maintenance and make changes to the Polaris ones? I'm assuming a different puller to start with, then what?

Puller, compression tool (bought or made) to change secondary springs ,not needed for helix changes. That's pretty much it for weight ,primary and secondary springs and helix.if you want to disassemble the primary you will need a holding fixture and spider nut socket with a big breaker bar. Polaris clutches are very simple.

Well we finally got enough snow so that I could get my sled out. I made a couple of wide open passes across the field and it would only pull 8100 rpm consistently. This is completely stock other than an SLP trail can. I followed a few of Brock's tips such as, loosening the track slightly, adjusting the secondary till the track just starts to move, and floated the secondary. The snow isn't the greatest so I don't know if this is a true reading or not, if I follow the above clutching suggestion, will it be a big improvement?

if your ajustement are all right! then you can begin clutching one parts at the time!! i suggest getting rid of gold spring for a 120-310, engagment will rise at 3800 and you mey also need to add 2 gram! but it will pull alot harder just from that!! my first mod was the 1.76 ratio tho!..

How many miles/hours are on it. you might want to wait until the "break in" timers are finished, before you start changing stuff.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong on this.

Back
Top Bottom