• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

no Spark again

snowman

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Titan adventure
buddy has a 2009 600 switchback , every year he brings it to different shops to find the cause of no spark ,they changed stator , coils , cdi ,plug wires plugs. plug caps , parked it last year with it running like a champ , now no spark , this is a EFI does it need battterie power to have spark ? or is it the same as the older carb version that did not require batterie power

No, no battery required. If its EFI there is no CDI?
The spark is controlled by the EFI computer (ECM) and there is a capacitor in the system that gets charged off the magneto when you are pulling it over that powers the ECM up thru the voltage regulator.
My guess would either be the voltage regulator or capacitor. The voltage regulator in those years was known to be problematic.
I've also heard that the ignition switch could also cause weird issues if water has gotten in there and caused corrosion, might try unplugging that and see if it starts.

Its piggybacked on the voltage regulator, which is in the clutch cover above the primary. See my response here for more info.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom